Celebrating Frostfell with Sales and a bonus!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 13, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

[IMG]

Frostfell is in full swing and it's getting colder in Norrath, it's time to celebrate with some tempting treasures, a selection of sales and bonuses to celebrate the launch of Torment of Velious and the new year!

First off is a Krono sale! Starting this Monday, December 16, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through December 23, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) you'll get 20% off all Krono packs! Want to gift a few to the friend or family member you just gave Torment of Velious to? Now is the perfect time.

Then from December 20, 2019 12 PM PST (Noon) through December 26, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon), Golden Armor and the Dark Elf Heritage Crate goes on sale!

Finally from December 27, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through January 3, 2020 at 12 PM PST (Noon) it's a 30% sale off all marketplace items for members (Replaces current bonus for members does not stack) and +50% Rare spawns!
    PCSS, LooMon and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Psssst......

Could we maybe get bonus Exp from like the 25th until the 3rd too? Just a thought.
  3. Riou EQResource

They replaced the EXP with the Rares
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

Just what does the "+50% rare drops" mean anyhow? Does that mean that if a rare spawns, there's a 50% chance of it dropping it's rare instead of other things?

Woohoo, time to camp Frenzy for some fat FBSS's. I'll be rich, rich I tell you!
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Catashe Augur

Is it supposed to be rare spawns not rare drops? how exactly is it increased rare drops
    PCSS and Herf like this.
  6. Herf Augur

They apparently let the kiddies decide the Frostfell bonuses and announcements
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

Just as an FYI to whoever it is plans bonuses; on TLP servers we're already potentially locked out of many things depending on where the server is in terms of expansions. On Agnarr, we're completely locked down so no one there has any real use for Kronos, or most items in the DB store that they couldn't already buy with the allotted 500 DB cash we get per month. Bonus xp is one of the few things that are actually useful to players regardless of where they are in a TLPs release cycle.
    PCSS and LooMon like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Is this Dark Elf Heritage Crate, Evil races Heritage Crate (Troll, Dark Elf, Iksar), or all Heritage Crates going on sale?
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

Last year the sale was 40% off. Considering how stingy they have been all summer, that extra 10%, and not stacking like EQ2 does, looks cheap. It is better than nothing, but what gives?
    PCSS and Herf like this.
  10. Korzu111 Elder

I do want to chime in and say that my brother and I am disappointed by the lack of an EXP bonus.
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  11. Zanarnar Augur

I already assumed no xp bonus due to a) us just having one with thanksgiving, and b) well.. ToV. I also assumed there would be no faction bonus for the same reason.

However, can you please elaborate on the whole +50% rare drops? Does that mean 50% increase in their chance to drop from their rare table vs common table; or did you mean rare spawns? The rest of those are more of a .. well lets be nice and call it a Holiday Sale.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I suspect the no EXP Bonus is because the new expac will have just opened, and they don't want to give that boost to making 115 right away.

As far as Thanksgiving goes, who cares if they gave a bonus over Thanksgiving. Most people were either eating or doing Black Friday sales to even bother.

Still think the non stacked 30% (so really 20%) DBG Store sale is stingy. I guess I will just have to spend my cash on Steam sales instead.
  13. Kase Augur

I don't think it's rare mobs increased by 50% it's the rare drops from the new crates coming out in a few weeks.

And my vote no to another exp bonus...we just had one. Don't make the game easy. Bring back CRs!!...well maybe not that.
  14. Honeybadger New Member

No Exp bonus for the holiday? This must be an oversight. How much more useless could these bonuses be? How disappointing.
    PCSS, LooMon and Herf like this.
  15. TheldranusAgnarr Lorekeeper

Come on DBG - why would you not give us XP bonus? You did last year, and the year before.
  16. smash Augur

i remember years ago, there were xp bonus all of december
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

If DBG wanted to make more money, they would stack the 30% like EQ2 does for a 40% sale on AA accounts and allow the 30% off on FTP. They are just throwing away the cash that could be made from FTP account in the store and pissing off AA account holders by pretending a 20% sale is a 30% sale.

And no EXP over the holiday (and midterm for many colleges) break is silly. But hey, those good old overpriced Krono they keep trying to push are on sale.
    PCSS and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. TempsOfBertox New Member

Frostfell - All You Need is Luck IS THIS ACTIVE?
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Wait. Are the players asking for an XP event in December on TLP? If not, are you really asking for an XP event as an expansion launches?

Excuse me, I have to get this out of my system: Hahahahahahahaha *gigglesnorts* HAHAHAHAHA!!
    PCSS likes this.
  20. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I was unable to play last exp bonus, I really hope that one is brought this Holiday. If it, it is what it is, but having time to play this Christmas, i'd like to enjoy catching up as I am a returning after a long break. Thanks for the events either way!
    Herf likes this.