Updated zems in current game?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

The problem is that even if you could establish a baseline, there's nothing to prevent them from making changes that will impact the baseline as well. Global changes to the XP system have been as common as changes to zone zems throughout the history of the game.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Kind-of agree.. which leads me back to, why don't they just tell us what changed? Its not really reasonable for us to discover these new values ourselves. :\
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Because EQ is about exploring and the journey, not making sure your getting .02 more xp per kill then the other zone.
  4. That0neguy Augur

It also has other reason not to be crystal clear. Imagine if we knew 100% the exp in Lguk was better than the exp in Solb. That means even more people would be crammed into the zone.
  5. MarttinPH Augur

No it isn't. What sane individual would go to multiple zones to compare experience rates? Knowing the ZEM for zones helps funnel individuals to zones with higher experience rates which would make it easier for grouping.
    Have you played Everquest with others before? I have never in the decade long time that I have played Everquest heard of anyone saying "Lets go explore xx zone!". People have a finite time to play the game and the go to the zones and camps that give the best return on their time. Consider Luclin, outside most of those zones are never experienced as players, because better experience or easier camps are had in other zones. Most players know where the best experience camps are and do those camps, but if the developer changes the experience modifiers for the zone, they should let us the players know about it.
  6. Numiko Augur

As someone who played a SK main during the times of the hybrid exp penalty I can state how much exp per hour you and your group gained was way more important to the vast majority of players over exploration.
  7. That0neguy Augur

I feel like we all did this back on live.

Can't get a group in Lguk. Let me go kite in OT and see how the experience is compare to kiting at Aviaks or anywhere else.
    Machen likes this.
  8. Ulain Journeyman

I sure hope you've NEVER used zam, eqtc, magelo, p99wiki, etc. You sure would be a hipocrite, huh?
  9. Zanarnar Augur

I might be off here, and I'm sure someone will correct me if so. The last ZEM shuffle was done to get people into under-used zones (as well as fix some places with broken ZEMs like burning woods).

So, if that was indeed the intent, why keep it secret? Tell us, and get us spread out a bit. I guess, a better way to put it would be: "How successful was the ZEM shuffle on getting people into different zones to level up?" That's something only they can really answer unless most of the playerbase decides to chime in w/ their level path.

Anecdotal evidence tells me that not much changed, I see people in the same ol' zones. Maybe letting us know would encourage some change.