Quitting till this is addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Justice for tlp, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just play on a dead server and you don't have to worry about other players :)
  2. Numiko Augur

Or you could cheat on a dead sever and not worry about anyone reporting you!

Remember that guy on Vulak just before it was merged into Fippy who ran his own "guild" and was always trumpeting how well they were doing on the forums.. until he posted a video of one of his Victories over a raid target and it was blatantly obvious he was running the "guild" all by himself and was using cheat software to do it.

He disappeared soon after that.
    Mithra and Sheex like this.
  3. Ashian Augur

Plenty of inaccuracies, so hopefully I can clear things up:

1) His name was Kukgrol. The core of the guild was made up of his 12-man team plus his two kids who both 6-boxed.
    2) The server was locked in SoD until SoD was beaten. The guild was progressing in that in the months leading up to the collapse, the guild had keyed up for MMM and actually beaten Meldrath. They were in the process of flagging for Crystallos and had just beaten the Old Blackburrow and Bloody Kithicor raid when everything fell apart.
    3) A lot of members of the Fippy Darkpaw server petitioned against Kukgrol, ultimately leading to the banning of Kukgrol’s main character — Kukgrol the froglok warrior. Without the main tank for raids and due to the frustration of the banning, Kukgrol and his family canceled their remaining 20+ accounts and moved on to another game.
    4) It is accurate that he was boxing with software.
    5) There were other members of the guild, probably about 5-10 folks in total with various numbers of accounts ranging from 1 to 6. A few of them transferred to live servers, a few of them quit, and one of them transferred to Fippy and joined Citizen.

Source: I was one of the members of the guild when all this transpired.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

But what was inaccurate?
    Mithra and Sheex like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I fondly remember his biweekly ForumQuest posts to update everyone about the state of his server and how great he was.
  6. Ashian Augur

He wasn’t running the guild all by himself and the fact that the guild was actually doing quite well (the post implied that the guild was struggling).

I didn’t have a problem with your post, just wanted to provide more clarity.
  7. Xanadas Augur

I was under the impression he lost his main warrior account due to excessive unattended grinding - not specifically the use of macaroni. I find this more plausible as I've never heard of anyone else being suspended simply for their use of macaroni in an attended and non-exploitative manner.

Source: I literally txt with Kukgrol from time to time and this is what he told me.

Also, I believe he regained access to his warrior, but has not started playing again - or if he has, he has not made his presence known - and I have not asked since I'm not actively playing right now.
  8. Machen New Member

I mean, they were not beating current era content. If doing Meldrath's mansion at 85 is doing quite well, then sure...
  9. Ashian Augur

Re-read my post Machen. We were in Seeds of Destruction expansion and had beat the first three raids of the expansion, including Bloody Kithicor raid right before Kukgrol got banned.
  10. Machen New Member

I suspect those are ultimately what led to his banning. If it really was people from Fippy that petitioned him, I'd say they accomplished their goal.
  11. Machen New Member

I'm aware, Kukgrol touted every victory. You'd been in Seeds of Destruction for a year and hadn't beaten anything significant.
  12. Ashian Augur

A good portion of the guild had actually recently joined the server and the guild was “finally” progressing after stagnating for awhile. To his credit, Kukgrol’s promoting the server worked and he had new folks starting and joining the guild, enabling it to take on current content where it couldn’t previously.

Fippy nearly stalled in VoA with Pillars of Alra, but ultimately managed to break through and move on to beat RoF and CoTF. I know the stall wasn’t as lengthy, but it was still forward trajectory.

It isn’t the current debate, but I do feel the biggest mistake was actually requiring the server to beat all the raids in order to unlock the next expansion. I’d probably still be playing on Vulak today if it didn’t get perma-stalled at SoD (but then you and I would never have met Machen!).
  13. Xanadas Augur

Banned for being braggadocios on forums? I find that.. unlikely. Read what I posted above.
  14. Machen New Member

That obviously wasn't what he was actually banned for. But I suspect it was what motivated people from Fippy to petition him. If that's how it actually went down, as Ashian suggested.

Edit to add, I can't think of any other reason why people on Fippy would have cared enough to do something like that. It certainly wasn't a recruiting ploy.
    Xanadas likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Yep, and I would not have said we were doing quite well at that point. Although we did ultimately beat VoA and RoF, we were definitely struggling that entire time.
    Ashian likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I remember pretty respectfully (for me/ForumQuest) posting on one of his threads saying he should be putting that stuff in the guild recruitment section, because they were literally every other week new threads for attention, and most of the threads quickly devolved into some top notch FQ idiocy about numbers of people in general chat nightly and so on and whether killing 3 old expansion content was “progression” or not.

The guy dug his heels in, and would post textwalls but wouldn’t answer even the most simple of questions about the server or his guild. Was quality times of neckbeard internet arguing. As is tradition.
  17. jeskola pheerie

I can put all this rampant speculation to rest. Kukgrol had found a secret backdoor way to transfer characters to other servers for free, and was just about to stage a mind-blowing TLP coup where he was going to move legions of players to Vulak to help him make it the #1 TLP server ever. The powers that be caught wind of his plot, banned his characters, and had him arrested on federal charges. He spent years toiling away in federal prison, where he remains to this day.

Source: we were cellmates for a few years, spoke daily, and maintain a Pen Pal relationship.
    Protocol, Duder, Machen and 3 others like this.
  18. Parrot New Member

you know whats really sad, people been reporting them since kunark. the same person been AFK farming SG, Seb, Cdock for months and also selling kronos and raid loots and DBG team wont do anything about it.
    what they have been doing is very obvious
    • AFK Farming same spots
    • Zone Warping
    • Warping behind raid mobs
    • Using disciplines and spells on all chars at the same time
    • Vmware bypass
    DBG please do something about this.
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. Bot spotter Journeyman

Since classic*

Xanathol and Parrot like this.
  20. Bot spotter Journeyman

And again in kunark

Hmm I wonder why your customers are upset...........
    Xanathol and Parrot like this.