Druid Dire Charm - Bugged?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Raeff the Druid, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Has anyone else experienced a problem with this revised AA?

I charmed a sabre toothed tiger in OT. Took several tries to find one that was low enough to charm, but I did eventually Dire Charm one. Immediately sent it to attack a random Cliff Golem.

Boom, charm breaks and I have to Exodus to escape.

I can't see any reason why the charm would have broken. I didn't use Camo, and I know I sent the cat to attack the golem with 10 seconds of charm taking hold.

Anyone else having trouble with this AA?
  2. Tobynn Augur

I stopped in OT, charmed a 108 chokidai, ran around killed a few mobs with him before charm broke. Lasted the full duration.
  3. Ninelder Augur

You are both far braver than I am, druid charm has always been the fastest surest way to end up at bind point.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Except when swarm charming, which is hands down the best XP I've ever made in EQ, and very safe, since everything is snared. Only ever died to lag spikes.
  5. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

I began a new post on this, but can say for certain that my Dire Charm is broken. I have trained the highest level but it breaks every time at about 6 seconds after taking effect. At least in OT, it is doing that every time I use it. Tested on sabertooth cats and crabs in OT.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Do you have shared camp bound to any specific macro? Maybe your communion of cheetah or something button?

Also my main gripe about this AA line is it doesn’t match our Beast’s charm line. Starting at level 71, and every subsequent upgrade of this spell line the spell has been able to charm both Animals and Insects.

Dire Charm is still flagged Animal only. I’d like to see it work on both Animals and Insects like our normal charm spells do.
  7. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Good question, but no, I don’t have any macros linked to Camo or Shared Camo.