Updated zems in current game?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Rothj Augur

Hi all, just trying to get an idea of which zems are no longer accurate based on last known information. An example of this is dalnir - it's stated to have a zem of 75 but its clearly much higher. Anyone know some zones that are boosted up?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If you can't see the sky, it probably has a higher ZEM. P99 lists are not accurate for Live/TLP servers.

We don't talk about Dalnir.
    Ulain and Bardy McFly like this.
  3. Rothj Augur

Trying to get some accurate numbers. I need a place to go after I outlevel hhk(solo mostly)
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

You're not likely to get any. After the last pointless ZEM restructuring this same question was asked and a Dev responded by essentially saying discovering for yourself is part of the fun.
  5. Meridian Augur

Dalnir is awesome. Had some good times in that zone.
  6. Prathun Developer

Discovering for yourself is part of the fun.
    Gana, Punchu, Greymantle and 3 others like this.
  7. Bot spotter Journeyman

So I'm still very upset that you guys refuse to do anything about warping and emque2 on mangler server but I'll admit this made me laugh.

Maybe come check in on our server please. About 300 active characters being botted and warping on any given day still.

It shouldn't be hard to find toons that never run across any zones. 30 toons zone in. Stand there for 20 seconds and then poof they are in the next zone. If this goes on 1 more patch, the amount of people using these cheats will grow even more. When you let people cheat for a year... this is what happens. More people cheat. You do eventually have to do something.
    Prathun likes this.
  8. Numiko Augur

With EXP displaying down to 3 decimal places now it should be fairly easy to determine if a zone if good or not.
    Tarvas likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

Or even, with a great deal of precision, what the exact ZEM is for each zone.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

If two zones have the same ZEM, then should a mob in each zone that's the same level give the same exp? if not, what else can affect it and if there are other factors then doesnt that make it hard to know if it's the ZEM?
  11. That0neguy Augur

Does it really matter if the xp is increased from ZEM or some other means? Aren't you really just looking for where the best exp spot is, regardless of why that is.
  12. Machen New Member

As long as you have the same group makeup at the same level fighting the same level mobs, yes they should give the same xp if the zem is the same. You need to control all the xp modifiers that are in your control.
  13. Aziuno Augur

TLP's are super power bloated. Character DPS, and defense is much higher than it was originally, without much changes to NPC's other than some surprise revamped dots trucking the players.

Therefore Best EXP = (Density x Respawn rate) / other groups in zone; until TSS and hotzones; at which point this issue is long dead as people don't group, they power level and then raid.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have the classic era chase loot spread out across more zones and dungeons; to both make the population spread out more, and enjoy/play more of the classic content, but that kind of action upsets people as it's no longer "classic feel". This also is not an issue for the majority of the EQ game, as it dies off in Luclin.
  14. Machen New Member

This really only applies when you have to fight other groups in zone for xp, which for most players past Velious isn't the case. If you want to escape this dynamic, just play past the first nine months on a new server. Low and behold, options will open up that don't ever involve fighting other groups for mobs on limited respawn.
  15. Numiko Augur

On mob respawn, one thing I noticed playing on TLP's is that zones that have had a graphical revamp often have a MUCH faster respawn rate vs older non revamped zones of the same level.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

Humm, looks like an opportunity for another 3rd party program!

It'll have to scrape the client memory to get your current XP% (and update that value after each kill), also to get the npc level (unless you con everything you fight, then it can get that from the logs, too). Shouldn't be too hard to write.

Maybe a good chance for me to learn how to interact with the client without being detected :) (Since I'll just be reading memory, it won't look any different the MageloSync doing its thing to the client)
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Humm, I think the only real issue there, is going to be finding a zone with a 0% ZEM to use as a baseline. (for each NPC level 1 to 1XX) Ya, on second thought, its not going to be easy at all since we don't have a baseline for the XP reward from NPC's level 1-1XX. It will be nearly impossible to determine the exact %, rather it would only be possible to compare the zones to each other without any idea what the baseline is.

For example, if the lowest ZEM for NPC's level 105 is 25%, then that ends up being your base line and the highest ZEM now looks like 75%, even if its 100% over the base. So ya, were still lacking some vital information to determine these ourselves. Any Dev wanna chime in with the expected XP reward for each NPC killed by a PC of the same level? Or you know.. you could just let us know what you changed. o_O
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

The only thing that matters is how zones compare relatively to each other. It makes no functional difference if zone A is a 50% ZEM and B is 100%, or if A is 100% and B is 200%. There's also no need to scrape anything, it's easy enough to just manually jot down your before and after values on a kill or two in each zone, that's what I did when I was double checking that all racial and class exp modifiers were dead.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Did you ever sell that Woodsman's staff?
    Ulain likes this.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

If this was the last time they were going to change them, I'd agree. But if their stance going forward is "figure it out yourselves", I'm not going to do that legwork manually every time. I'd like to be able to establish a base line for each level NPC, then I can apply that to the values I see after the next change to get the ZEM's

I just don't think, based on the available information, that we can determine the exact ZEM or even what the base line is without a little more info. We can calculate a relative value, but next time they shuffle things all that work will have to be re-done.

Anyways, more academic at this point since I can't think of a way to get the base-line.