Class-Specific Things to go Back For

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lenuvas, Dec 11, 2019.

1. lenuvas New Member

I've been building this list in my head for a while, but decided maybe it was time to enlist the community's help and flesh it out more. I'm a bit of a reroll-aholic and that, combined with my desire to maximize any character I play has led me to spending many many hours doing dumb old things for my characters. I'm hoping to make a one-stop list of sorts for anyone who, like me, gets their toons to max level and then goes back for useful things. I'd like to keep things like the drunkard's stein that are available to everyone off this list, though I suppose they could eventually be a separate section. I'll start with what I (think I) know, but would love to hear from experts in each class what might not be an obvious need for each class. For instance, I believe only warriors, necros, and shadowknights need to bother faction farming for their anguish bp, correct? Old spells and abilities that still get used should count too! Basically anything not in the most current expansion.

Bard:
    • epic 2.0
    Beastlord:
    • an old era bp for clicky, right?
    Berserker:
    • epic 2.0
    • brutal discipline (last I checked at least)
    • disconcerting discipline (last I checked at least)
    Cleric:
    • epic 2.0
    Druid:
    Enchanter:
    • learner's aura
    Magician:
    Monk:
    • epic 2.0?
    Necromancer:
    • epic 2.0
    • anguish bp
    Paladin:
    Ranger:
    Rogue:
    Shadowknight:
    • epic 2.0
    • anguish bp
    • leechcurse discipline
    • Underfoot era bp?
    Shaman:
    • epic 2.0
    Warrior:
    • epic 2.0
    • anguish bp
    Wizard:
    Thanks, and hopefully someone besides just me will find this useful.
  2. RPoo Augur

Rk 3 enchanter Spells still useful or still used that didn't get upgrades or might be useful in the future...:
    Learner's Aura - LVL 76. SoF. Turn in seven Humming Finsternacht Runes to Kalim`Kar the Gold in Dragonscale Hills. Increase Experience Gain by 9%
    Wake of Atrophy Aura - LVL 78. SoF. Do the quest Spy Reports then buy this from Ak`Akanon Supplier Mark LXXXVIII in Dragonscale Hills for 7kpp. Decreases mobs max HP by 3%
    Aura of Abstract Acumun - LVL 83 SoD. Unlocks from Kaesora raid A Council Divided. 370 chronobines from Zeb in the Void. Increase Max Mana by 5200
    Twincast Aura - LVL 84. SoD. Unlocks from Feild of Scale raid Final Confrontation. 370 chronobines from Zeb in the Void. Increase Chance to Twincast by 11%
    Arcane Disjunction Aura - LVL 84. UF. Turn in Sparkling Precandescent Rune to Dwekvard Gravelpickin Brell's rest OR downgrade other runes. Decrease Magic Resist by 80
    Compliant Lurch - LVL 85. UF. Turn in one Twinkling Hyperfiligreed Rune (Convo raids) to Dwekvard Gravelpickin in Brell's rest. Gradual Pull to 30' away (Force=300)
    Every Shield of starting with fate at 97, never know what threshold you'll prefer in any given circumstance.
    Mirror - LVL 98. CoTF. fifth captured essence of ethermere to Requisitioner Sheon in the Ethernere Tainted West Karana. Increase Chance to Reflect Spell by 70% with up to 70% Damage

Enchanter Items:
    unearthed belt
    hammer of delusions
    serpent of vindication

archtype items:
    ring of immobilization
    darkened shining metallic robes
    turquoise buckler
    eqgamer likes this.
  3. Zolav Augur

Your berserker list.. Ones l posted after are not class specific but a must have.. Could help out someone new.. /shrug

2.0 if you dont have /slap anyhow
    Disconcerting is only a few exp back and ya a must have
    Brutal is a Must have
    Bloodlust Aura

to add..
    -Frenzied Discipline
    -Emp Ganak Familiar
    -Eye of life and Decay (doesnt do much if i recall though for zerkers)
    -Rage of Rolfron
    -Stone of Judgement
    -Frenzy type 3 augs (Quartzite)
    -Extruded Black Pearl (anniv charm aug)
    -Nathars Diamond (or at least Forgotten Gemstone which even now may be obsolete)
  4. Zolav Augur

This also IMO is fun to have...

[IMG]
  5. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Monk:

- You should 100% go back for epic 2.0, it's an ~40k hp buff at lvl 110 and gives a boost to the all-important DPS via proc
    - OMM BP is useful, along with Mist-Blessed Leather Tunic
    - Staff of Viral Flux
    - Lingering Essence of Cazic-Thule from finishing RoF collections is something I find particularly useful as a raiding monk. If you're ever out of endurance, you can mez yourself and pop Breather since Imitate + FD doesn't work on current-content raid mobs
    - Blood Drinker's Coating for more tankability
    - Rune of Tallon can boost your DPS a bit (when no burns are up)
    - Grelleth's Royal Seal, Blunt Force, Dragorn War Mask, Mask of Scaled Cunning, Visage of the Dark Arachnids...not monk-only items, but useful to only a handful of classes

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
    Zolav likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

CoA BP is a must-have only for Nec, SK, War. Should be used ~on cool down, powerful when used.
    CoA BP is very good for mnk. Not a constant-use thing, but adds to the monk class a ranger-like buffs-only dispel that monks wouldn't otherwise have.
    CoA BP is a good thing to have for Mag, Bst. They same function, relatively high uptime if only moderately powerful pet burn click.
    CoA BP is technically functional for Pal, Brd, Rng. Completists/tryhards should have theirs and look for the spots to apply them, but the value is shaky.

ber, rog, cle, dru, shm, wiz, enc CoA BPs utterly non-functional. Using inventory / UI / player attention on them makes character performance worse.
    RPoo, Syylke_EMarr and Bobbybick like this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

• Vermillion Sky Ring
    • Staff of Forbidden Rites
    Raccoo and Yinla like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

In the same vein for Bards, the TSS group T2 breastplate (Whisper-Wrought Plate Breastplate) provides the same effect (Double Attack and Stun Immunity) on another timer. Main benefit of these 2 items being the stun immunity. Came in handy fairly recently when pulling TBM's PoFear Gorgons.

Other useful items for Bards:
    Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo - Instant DA clicky, and adds 1 Tick to Woodwind songs when equipped.
    Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute - Instant Defensive Refrain clicky, and adds 1 Tick to String songs when equipped.
    Marrow's Song - Instant Cure clicky, and adds 1 Tick to Brass songs when equipped.
    (Those 3 come from TBM raids, but shouldn't be too hard to do these days. The Tick-extension benefits have focus level caps of 110 so that part will be losing value soon. Still some benefit for lower level songs, like DA songs.)
    Selo's Drums of the March - Instant Chant of Chaos clicky
    [Possessed] Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier - Instant slow clicky. (Possessed version is better but requires RoF raids)
    Darkened Breath of Harmony - Instant resist song clicky. (Comes from HH Seb)
    There are a bunch of instruments with clickies, but they don't get used as much. Fun to have though!
    Jennre, Svann2 and Szilent like this.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Ranger: 2.0, Anguish BP, Blusterbolt Rk. III, Vinelcash Cascade Rk. III

Quick casting DD clicks but now obsolete pretty much:
    Petrified Heartwood Linked Shirt
    Darkened Tolan's Darkwoos Vambraces (still want these)
  10. Buri Augur

add to that, the Lady's Entreaty... tash clicky, you can pre-tash stuff and fade
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For everyone...

Venenium (TDS Raid) - Poison cure
    Shield of Immaculate Light (COTF T2 Raid) - Disease cure

Druid...

Small Manisi Branch (EoK FM Ancients Achievement) / Apothic Dragon Spine Hammer (ROS VP quest) - 40k targeted click heal every 3 min
    Darkened Luminescent Staff (Sebilis HH) - 6k instant DD every 2min
    Darkened Journeyman’s Walking Stick (Sebilis HH) - Malo Proc
    Splinter of Potency (CotF) - +45 Spec Evoc Aug
    Tome of Manipulation (CotF) - +45 Spec Alt Aug
    Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye (RoF T2 Raid) - 1 Twincast every 5min
    Rod of Dark Rites (RoF T3 Raid) - 5 Spells cast from mana every 30min
    Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke (Velious/UF/RoF Quests) - Additional sympathetic proc
    Staff of Forbidden Rites (OMM Lady Vox) - Rez click every 30s
    Vinelash Assault Rk. III (97-RoF)
    Preincarnation Rk. III (80-SoF)
    Totem of the Wurines (DoDH rare) - DA every 8 hours
    Feral Guardian Channeler (DoDH rare) - DA every 8 hours
    Stormeye Band (PoR Raid) - 27 DS stacks with most everything
    Shield of Coral (PoP) — Personally I use this quite frequently when doing quests or missions in a zone, even with Exodus and Egress AAs
    Bone Earring of Evasion (Luclin) — only unlimited IVU click with no recast
    Duder likes this.
  12. Buri Augur

Oh, also for Bards, Songblade of the Eternal (Time) OR Rapier of Somber Notes (Tacvi) are fairly must-have, for the Symphony of Battle buff. Both require raids.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Ancient Cry of Chaos
    Zolav likes this.
  14. The real Sandaormo Augur

Skip Warrior epic 2.0, if you already have it, fine click it but too small of a click to bother going back for.
    Gladiators plate chestguard of war is still very nice for transitions between disc's etc
  15. Allayna Augur

Looks like an excellent next to be nerfed list...where’s Cicelee?
    BadPallyGuildLeader and Flatchy like this.
  16. Vizier Augur

Enchanter: Gorilla Wrangler's Prod (mezbreaker)
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Can probably solo the raid though.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

doesn't Jann veil have a better version of the same effect? + a lot of other stuff?
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

I always thought they stacked since the plus to weapon damage were in different slots.
  20. Tucoh Augur

I never personally tested it, but I don't think they stack. Would be easy enough to test, just need a beastlord and a bard whose synergies have huge bonuses that I believe conflict.

Increase Hit Damage Bonus by X and Increase X Damage Bonus does stack though.