Begging Skill

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pani, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Pani Augur

Where would be a good spot to try and level up the begging skill? Seem to think it was some NPC in Brell's Rest, but don't really remember.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I usually just do it on mobs in between combat rounds for those few skillups, but the last time I played catch-up I used the scrykin npc just as you zone into Korafax (which was borne of convenience, as I would always have to sit there waiting for the raid to gather back when SoD was current).
  3. Nniki Augur

Can raise it on real estate pets in your guild hall.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I sat in the starting zone of TBL stratos and was fishing. I maxed my begging skill while fishing on the task giver right next to the pond. Not even a new title for doing it, quite a rip off heh.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have only aver used it during combat, via a social (macro) hotkey for begging, foraging & autoinventory, and only for a short while into each expansion to max it out again, works well.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I just do it in POK. Sit next to a vendor and beg away, and they don't get mad even.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I don't know if it works in the group version, but you can beg from the Hortalanus lady in the Cactus raid instance and since she's non-agro, she'll never attack.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Hmm my begging skill is at zero, and will remain there.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Has anyone gotten a begging skill up since the April patch? I know it has always been very slow skill to get up but going on over 5500 unsuccessful attempts of NPC's both standard pop mobs and vendors in combat zones with zero skill ups. Questioning the changes made back in April now regarding them possibly hitting all mobs and not just raid or rare.

NPCs
    • Raid bosses and rare NPCs are universally no longer susceptible to begging or pick pocket.
  10. Raltar Augur

I've noticed I do not get any begging skillups anymore unless the mob is human. No animals, undead, dragons...just human(elf, ogre, ect.) I don't know if it has always been like that, but that's how it is now for me.
  11. Iven Antonius Bayle

Lucky the Beggar in High Keep could be worth a try. IIrr he never does aggro.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I used the Town Crier in Freeport as a young rogue in my hometown, Old Freeport. Now each time I level up, I go to one in the revamped zone. I can verify, as of hitting 120 months ago, that you can use them for begging, pick pocket, intimidate, and disarm all at once. They don't aggro, are perma rooted, and successes are not needed for skill ups.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I usually go to freeport guards.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I used the bard in Nektlous Forest near the Commonlands zone-in. Every time i get aggro I can just reset it, by zoning.
  15. Grove Augur

We use the gnomes at the docks in Butcherblock (whose duty is to send you to other zones). The nearby small mountains are good for training safe fall.
  16. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Not sure the sample size is large enough to completely rule out non humanoid post April patch but followed this and immediately started getting skill ups again. Used a dwarf npc and within 100 attempts had my first skill up confirming it still worked on that body type. Thanks
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its because they cant its a non combat zone otherwise they probably would.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

Vendors haven't been able to aggro on players since 1999. I am not sure when they made it to not be able attack them. If you didn't get revenge on Murissa Sandwhisper for killing you for killing her dervish cutthroat friends already then you will have to find other means to kill her. Innkeep Juna was notorious for killing dark elves. It was such a weird thing to see since the vendors dropped nothing and gave no experience.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Shillingworth Augur

Vendors most definitely could agro on players up until around PoP, maybe a little later. IIR they were on their own faction(s) that weren't linked with the others around them. I used to look for ways to raise those factions as it was more effective than Charisma bonuses to lower their prices.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they stopped allowing people to kill vendors because it prevented other people from buying and selling.