Before I Make a New Heroic Character...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by urgatorbait, Dec 5, 2019.

1. urgatorbait New Member

Do we know if once the new expansion comes out if they will auto-grant more AA's than they currently are? Thanks.
  2. Tucoh Augur

They will. I think TBM will be autogranted. That has nothing to do with heroic chars tho
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. urgatorbait New Member

Thanks. I'm just returned back to the game from 2005 and still learning all this new stuff. I thought the auto granting of the AA's for a heroic character would increase when they did this. So you're saying whether I create a heroic character today, or if I create him just after the expansion is released, that character will end up with the same number of AA's, correct?
  4. Derka Power Ranger

If they added AAs in TBM that had some ranks for level 85 you would get those. But what I believe he means is the auto grant ceiling will be raised for chars 100+ when ToV comes out, not affecting new heroics until they level.

Welcome back!
    Ratbo Peep, Ashian and urgatorbait like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can auto grant any character on a paid account. And only paid accounts. You can auto grant an existing character - does not have to be a heroic. Be it a level 65 or 94 or whatever. That character will get all AA each and every time he levels until no more are available (excluding tradeskill ones and a random few others)

Auto grant = AA jump.

Heroic character is simply a purchased level 85 character that comes with a bunch of level appropriate AA among other things like armor etc. Heroic's can be on free or paid accounts (unless on the new tlp). However any AA past the original ones will be limited if on free. But if on paid you could auto grant as he levels if any AA available.

Heroic Character = level jump with some AA
    urgatorbait likes this.
  6. urgatorbait New Member

Thanks to everyone for the awesome replies. Much appreciated. The game has evolved sooooo much since I last played and I have a ton to learn. I think I'm clear on AA's now... :)
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Nothing will change on a heroic. It will be exactly the same before and after ToV.

The auto-grant feature, which has nothing to do with heroics, will (likely) be moved to the next expansion. Since auto-grant covers TDS, the logical progression will be that it will auto-grant TBM.

Auto-grant is a feature of subscriptions, not of heroics, so this change will affect all subscribed accounts, heroic or not, but not affect any unsubscribed accounts, heroic or not.

Anyway, if anyone has AAs to buy right now, it will be wise to sort by expansion in the AA window and not buy anything from TBM.

Autogrant may not be updated immediately upon release of ToV, and RoS might be unlocked sometime in the spring, hopefully.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

The Heroic level ITSELF needs a bump from 85 to 100 now. It's antique as it sits.
    And the value on the dollar is diminished. 15 levels below max was where it came to be - and outta stay that way.
    -R
  9. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Keep in mind a Heroic count is account bound thus server wide (were applicable / not blocked).
    When you use the count you get some things 1 time only.
    You can delete the character and you will get the Heroic Count back as in it does NOT ever get lost.

I have found this a very good way to evaluate all classes and races. As well as evaluate a Server.
    It is one of the better way's to spend one's 500 DB cash per month.

What I have done, is to see how I like the Rogue now vs 2000, found the Halfling could run at Sow speed and be Hidden / Sneak / Invisible to most everything in the game. I then found out their DPS was outstanding. So I deleted the character, created a level 1 and took the Rogue to 75 then Heroic'd it. I did this to experience the class's abilities and to get Merc AA points. To evaluate the Mercs and the Rogues ability to work together.

I did the same for the Shadow Knight and the Ranger. So now my Mage, Necro and Druid are balanced out with Rogue, Shadow Knight and Ranger.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can only remake Heroics that have been purchased or ones that the account were given in 2017. The original ones from 2014 and earlier cannot be remade but you will get a warning if you try to delete one.
  11. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Weren't those some how special I am to lazy to look for it but it seems to me they were rewards or trials or something like that and yes that is a good catch on your part. :)