Devs, A favor regarding vet rewards?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by skattabrainz, Dec 5, 2019.

1. skattabrainz Augur

I doubt i'm the only one who in ignorance burned veteran reward /claims on characters I don't use. I think i used one on Vox server when i first returned because they weren't allowed on ragefire. Etc.

Suggestion: If a veteran reward enabled toon is deleted your account gets credited with one veteran reward "slot"

this seems doable and reasonable, aye?
  2. Old_Timer Journeyman

This would be fantastic. I have wasted vet rewards on so many characters that I will never play again...
    Montag likes this.
  3. chronicler Augur

NO. Clearly states that when you use it, its gone.
    Been said a million times b4.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That's why it's a suggestion. You know, to change something.

I support it. I actually support just flagging accounts rather than characters so every character you make is automatically granted all of that account's available veteran rewards.
  5. Sabrefist- Journeyman

...wow this is an awful argument for keeping something the same.
    Vumad and Bardy McFly like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I lost mine when I transferred this character to my 2nd account. I still dont think thats fair. If it's spent on the character its spent on and no getting it back, then that character should get to keep it no matter what.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The character does keep it. The only difference is the amount of AA's he gets is now tied to the new account instead of the previous account. So, if the original account had say 7 Vet rewards but you moved him to an account with only 1 Vet Reward, he would now only have the 1 AA.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

No he had the aas in his possession. They were taken away from him.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The AA's Granted come from the "Account", what he "Had/Has" is the flag that enables the Vet AA's on him. If you transferred him to an account with all 15 Vet Rewards they would all show up in his AA window without doing anything else, no need to claim them on him again. Now, if you transferred him to an account with 0 Vet AA's unlocked then yes he will now "Lose" all his AA's since the account doesn't have any unlocked.
  10. Tornat Augur

the system just needs to be tired to account and not character so you can claim them on every character ever made , i'm sure that is a'lot easier said than done tho
    Montag likes this.
  11. Tenaka Lorekeeper

They are able to do it with heroic characters. I've got quite a few accounts with heroics that if I delete them the heroic option returns. The same could be easily done with vet rewards. I support this 100%
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

No reason NOT to change it and "what it states". Silly wabbit.
    -Rat
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Since most of the vet rewards are "quality of life" stuff...
    Why not just get rid of all counters and auto-grant them to any character 85 and up.

Most new accounts (or new servers) are made by returning Veterans anyway...
    No reason not to just deal them out like water now.
    -Rat
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Rather than granting them all at once, a more interesting idea would be to grant them every 10 levels, until a certain point. So level 10 would be the 1st (Lesson), level 20 would be the next, etc. Until maybe 60 when the rest unlock (or whatever level)
  15. Dagum Elder

They ended the vet reward program a while ago. Sure you can get the aas, but you have to wait years and nothing new is coming.

They should make it so that a person can buy the aas. You should have to buy them in order and they need to find a way to make them cost 1000 aas each.
  16. Kloodge Elder

It is easily done. No matter how it is implemented, it has to at some point come down to a single line of code that checks to see if they have any /vet claims left.

It's possible that no current employee knows where that line of code is, but it is there and shouldn't be too hard to find, if they wanted to find it.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Leave it the way it is. Dev time is precious. Let's focus on things that matter, like content and fixing bugs.

I get it, and I would like to see this change as well. But it's frankly not worth spending Dev time on it.
  18. Funk Augur

I disagree, this is a change that would positively affect a huge chunk of the player base. And would not take too much time to change.

As someone said before heroics can be deleted and returned, this would not take much time to do to Veteran rewards either.
  19. enclee Augur

This is one of those simple number adjustments that they like to do. I’d be surprised, if it’s anything more than one variable pointing to the number of years for the account.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

"not too much time"
    "simple number adjustment"

Based on what data or information? Changes still have to be discussed, planned, implemented, and tested. These all take time, too.
    Bardy McFly likes this.