Don't Trip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hissteria, May 22, 2019.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I.S.Boxer should be banned. The fact you can't type it on these forums....

No one should be expected to play a bunch of boxed characters that well in order to enjoy this game.
  2. Zamiam Augur

you just typed it ?
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, with . in between.

IS Boxer

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

Seeing if either of those goes though.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep, as one word it is filtered. Therefore, sounds like it should be bannable to use.

Gamparse - let me see if that goes through.
  5. Anhur Journeyman

Yes please!
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Trolling now? Your opinion how others should use their time enjoyably in game is essentially worthless, especially if their enjoyment doesn't negatively impact you. And don't forget the expansion purchase thread a while back where it became abundantly clear that boxers own this game.

Back on track, though....

The mechanic to get this achievement is obviously flawed and needs looking at. If people can reproduce the tomfoolery in game (we can), then it should garner dev attention sometime BEFORE all the TLPs get to the content and it suddenly matters to them again.
    TheStugots likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is not trolling. This is reality.

You want to box? Pay for more accounts and box. I do it too. I pay for 4 accounts right now, and have paid for as many as 9 accounts at one time.

You know what I don't do? Use third party software that specifically allows you to do things you could not otherwise do in terms of actual game play, which is prohibited by the T&C of this game. The fact that typing in the name of the software on the forums literally results in a censoring by the forums to changing what you type to "unnamed third party software" should make that apparent.

You know what "great" boxing does? It leads to people not grouping with others. It leads to content that is harder than it needs to be for group content. It leads to people boxing armies and harassing other players in game.

You can box just fine without the software. As effective? No. But no one person should be as effective as 3-6 other people by installing some software you're not supposed to be using, and doing some set up to put things on to 1 keystroke for multiple accounts at one time.

They may tolerate it because its not worth the juice to squeeze this issue, but that doesn't make it right.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  8. TheStugots Augur

WTB dislike button
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You know what boxing does? It allows me to progress without inconveniencing others. I NEED frequent AFKs for indeterminate spans of time. Is it fair to people I group with to ask this of them so I can progress? Is it fair to me to have to solo or molo?

I have been boxing EQ since 2000. I had 4 desktop machines, 4 keyboards, 4 mice. When computers were powerful enough to run multiple instances on the same machine it was a much better, much more enjoyable experience for me. This is the key.

If I am no longer having fun, adios EQ. I'll find somewhere else to put my $3000 per year.
    Anhur and TheStugots like this.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

yepmetoo annoys me quite often, but in his defense, he didn't take a jab at boxing. He took a jab at people using third party software to make boxing easier. I'm not sure I agree that I.S.Boxer is anywhere near as disruptive as other third party software... so he lost me there.