EQ Discord - Every Server!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufnis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Lufnis New Member

Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/6EgFhtf

I wanted an easy access place, that acts similar to how server-specific forums work. Each category is a server. Unfortunately there is no way to make a sub category, so I listed channels as follows:
    text channels:
    -bazaar-armor
    -bazaar-consumables
    -bazaar-containers
    -bazaar-instruments
    -bazaar-jewelry
    -bazaar-krono
    -bazaar-misc
    -bazaar-weapons
    -guilds-looking-for-players
    -players-looking-for-guild
    -general

And voice channels. Setup to accommodate various groups and raids. Can add more if need (request if you feel it's to low, or high!) I added a letter, so you can easily just say, "Go to 2-Person D" to organize yourselves:
    -General
    -2 Person
    -3 Person
    -4 Person
    -5 Person
    -6 Person
    -Raid (has 72 slots per raid channel)

Currently setting up servers, listed alphabetically. Agnarr is setup atm. Any suggestions for additional channels on each server?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks Vent is better.
  3. Vizier Augur

Vent is not better. People stopped using Ventrillo about 15 years ago. Discord has emerged as the vlear victor in the VOIP / chat wars. It's free, easy to keep all your channels organized and it's not 20 years old tech.

Thanks for making the channels, most guild already have their own Discord servers but public channels seem like a cool idea.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And yet you still cannot be in 2 channels at once, unlike vent.
    Duder and Svann2 like this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Being in 2 channels at once sounds awful. I already hate being in 1 channel and having to listen to BobWithTheOpenMic chew on his Cheetos.
    Bardy McFly and Elyssanda like this.
  6. kizant Augur

Use both? They're not even comparable apps at this point. Discord is the only good option for what Lufnis is trying to do.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Really depends on your guild. If it's a guild where chat is a free for all, everyone blabs constantly... then yeah, two channels at once doesn't work well. If the raid channel has mostly the raid leader doing the talking, other channels having phantoms is great. As for open mics? Who doesn't use push to talk?!
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

whisper lists > discord
    Lianeb likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

For talking they are about the same, except as noted not having 2 channels at once. But as I was playing around in ff14 a little while ago I saw that discord has taken over there. No one uses anything else. The problem is that they also use it as a replacement for forums. That is truly terrible. Dont let that happen here!
    Yinla likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

Most guilds have a forum that 90% of the members never read or even remember how to login to. They would be much better off creating channels on a discord server where they keep strats and guild rules and notify @everyone when something important comes up. With the mobile app you get a normal notification message on your phone when someone mentions you and it's also an easy way to share files. It's really made a lot of things much easier.
  11. Diptera Augur

Open mic is great... especially when I forget I'm in a chat, and start talking/singing to myself...
    Vizier likes this.