Being hopeful but, Agnarr could use some fresh blood.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Berkwin, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Titanuk88 Elder

Make Angarr a pvp server
  2. Titanuk88 Elder

im starting a new guild on agnarr for new players < Pixel Paradise> recruiting , msg titanukx ingame
    Elskidor and Bardy McFly like this.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Hey that's a start. May contact you and roll a newb.
  4. AOLDragonRealms New Member

Kasartik - 53 Necro, Looking for friends and eventually the right guild. Will help others and seek help in return. Leveling just fine solo but would love to get together in groups including LDoN etc. (I will not refuse a nice boost if you currently have level 65's on the server and don't mind helping a brother out.)

I usually play necros and clerics so if a guild needs a cleric I have not started one but that is something I would happily do in the future, especially if others would like to plan a group leveling schedule.

I have a few things on my bucket list like encyclopedia from hate / necro skullcap / epic etc.
  5. Graddox Twoaxe Lorekeeper

My Agnarr guild was one of the final holdouts. They recently moved over to Mangler to "experience content beyond PoP". They don't seem to understand by the time Mangler gets to GoD, there will be 2 new progression servers released and Mangler will suffer the same attrition that Agnarr did.
  6. taliefer Augur

Maybe. I've been on the TLP treadmill as much as anyone, but even im getting sick of starting over. i know a bunch of my friends feel the same. i think there will be a serviceable populaton on Mangler that goes beyond GoD, even if there is yet another TLP this march. really hoping they skip a year on the TLPs, but i doubt it
  7. Berkwin Elder

Well my Beastlord is lvl 23 if anyone wants to group on Agnarr or start a fresh guild. currently I cant my account claims I have already made a guild there.... but my characters name on Agnarr is Jerin. Hope to see some fresh faces there for sure!
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Whatever stays past pop will be whittled away until level 70 at which the year long slog of "so much great group content" will reveal how fundamentally different eq is past pop and another 90% drop off.

Pray they put mercs in sometime around 65 to 70 to stop the bleeding.
  9. Machen New Member

Mercs won't stop the bleeding in the level 70 era. The problem is the content. They will just help mitigate the population loss for the players still around. Removing truebox would do the same.

But, that said, the last few servers to pass through those expansions didn't lose nearly as much pop in that stretch as you are suggesting. Phinny went from 22 guilds in pop to 14 guilds in TSS, only losing about a third of their guilds total in the entire level 65-70 stretch. Ragefire and Lockjaw have lost less (percentage wise) as far as I can tell, though they both started the level 70 stretch pretty small to begin with. Not sure on Selo but it's a bit of a unique beast and seems to have taken its hits mostly before reaching level 70 content.
  10. Berkwin Elder

I find its hard to figure out what is middle ground. I mean why not offer access to Agnarr if not free but at a discount subscription? like half. Or a one time purchase? they would probably attract some players with that. Also while still making money in adding an population flux to Agnarr. it could be a viable solution.. just a thought.
  11. Machen New Member

They have basically one subscription model across all their games. Adding an alternate subscription plan for a single server on a single game doesn't seem likely to be worth their time and resources to me. And even if they went for it, I doubt $5/month Agnarr would be any more successful than $15/month Agnarr.
  12. Berkwin Elder

so 27 people currently online.. 3 people playing beastlords, 3 on luclin… 3!!! that's worth the cost of the sever lights being on for $15USD a month?

My bad that was this morning now their is 66 people online with 48 people in planes...
  13. Machen New Member

It's certainly not worth the effort of creating a new subscription model, web interface, etc etc to charge those 27 people $5 instead of $15.

And yes, apparently it costs DBG almost nothing to leave a server running once it is set up, seeing as Fippy has had an average population of less than five for longer than Agnarr has existed.
  14. Berkwin Elder

So by your logic it costs them $0 Yet its ok to charge people $15 a month... the 27 people of them to keep playing there....
  15. Machen New Member

Yep. That's how a company that wants to make a profit works.
  16. Machen New Member

And I should add, it costs them $0 now, but not $0 overall. They are getting a return on their investment in development staff, both the guys who developed the content in 1997-2004, and the guys that set up the server in 2017. Just about any company that deals with intellectual property does the same. By your argument, Amazon should give away ebooks for free to everyone because it doesn't cost them anything to do so.
  17. Berkwin Elder

Amazon does all the time actually, I know because I am an Author... so, let me get this sorted out. they are seeing there large return on 27-66 people a month when instead if they dropped the sub to Agnarr and had 1000 people log into it hypothetically. and a open store... they would see again 0 Revenue??
  18. Machen New Member

Amazon gives content for free for promotional purposes, to entice people to buy other content. Not because the content doesn't cost them anything to give away and they just want people to be able to read books.

And you are way wrong if you think a thousand people would show up to Agnarr for $5/month or even $0/month. But yes, if they charged $5/month or $0/month, they likely would end up making less money than they are making now. At least DBG thinks so, or they would have already done it.
  19. Berkwin Elder

https://www.amazon.ca/free-books/s?k=free books

thousands of free books on kindle daily.... I think it is you who are way wrong sorry bud
  20. Machen New Member

I'm well aware. And amazingly enough, millions of books that they still charge money for. Just because they give some books away for free for advertising purposes does not mean that they have tossed the idea of charging money for content out the window.