Question about Mangler. please help

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arkinul, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Arkinul New Member

I have been gone from the game since around TSS and want to come back. Thinking of playing on mangler. Is the population good? Also what are the in demand classes needed more then the FoTM?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler is the only tlp in the early age of eq right now, so the population is strong. They're on track of course to release a new tlp sometime while they are in pop so that might have an impact.

If you want to play that early eq game it's either mangler or p99 right now but they're fundamentally different.

In demand classes vary from groups and raids, but its probably the same as you remember back in the day. ( Most raids want you to be a cleric above all else. )
  3. uk6999 Augur

I hope DBG learned from Migiral or whatever. Releasing the same rule sets for an already diluted TLP pool is not a good idea.
  4. uk6999 Augur

Classes for mangler. Bard. Wizard. Cleric. Warrior.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  5. Frags Journeyman

Definitely going strong. If you want to raid, i would look at guilds that fit your playtime and choose a class you enjoy that they have a high need for. If you don't want to raid, play anything you have fun playing. Enchanters/Clerics/Tanks/Bards will always get groups fastest imo.
  6. Scruff Elder

non-boxed (main/solo) magicians may actually be the most rare class to find on mangler as of right meow
  7. nostalgicfool Augur

Except for bard those 3 classes are terrible to play, miss wizzie in group sit and here and there when things get critical she stands and wipe them all, the cleric is about the same and warrior have like 3 buttons till they get AAs or disciplines .... Oh yes taunt, kick, bash ... awesome.

You pay there the mediocre initial "vision" ...

I remember those Ogre warrior that had many tricks to get agro, little clickies, weapon that proc not big damage but little effects with huge agro (eg flamelick was one) and that would sit/stand and perform all kind of dance to grab agro ...

If the vision had been better clerics would stun casters and would pull with pacify, but yeah mana is so precious that the only thing they do is meding and throwing optimal heals.

I had quite a laugh when i read the casting time of succor, 9 seconds, why not half an hour --> hilarious vision.