Arcane Whisper in latest patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vimto, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Vimto New Member

This used to be a great ability on my Mage and Enchanter - I could single pull a mob out of a group and kill it on its own.

Arcane whisper is now dead for this - yes it makes you lose agro when actually fighting, but that is what I use my pet for.

You've killed it :(
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

You mean they fixed an exploit that players used that could single pull any mob in the game out of the pack, which is completely against what the original intent of the AA was?

I tried it once at the beginning of ROS, after someone told me about it (never heard of it being used that way, so who knows how long it was being utilized like that), and though... wow this is an exploit. Only took them several years to finally fix it, but am glad they did.
    Duder, Nniki and Sancus like this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Duder likes this.
  4. Atlans Lorekeeper

It used to have a debuff graphic when you cast it on a mob (so you know its effect was on the mob). It doesn't have one any more. Does it even do anything now?
  5. Riou EQResource

Yes, it drops your aggro
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

All good things come to an end. Enjoy them while they last with the expectation it won't last forever.
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Diptera Augur

Heh, I was waiting for this thread - AW was never intended as a pulling tool, that use was a side effect when the second tick hit.

The 'nerf' was an unexpected fix to an unintended side effect.

On the plus side, it now lowers all the agro in a single hit, rather than in chunks over time :)
  8. Atlans Lorekeeper

I know they removed the pulling effects but I think it is broken.
    1 - the debuff icon is gone from what it used to be (you used to see the debuff icon on the mob you cast AW on, lo longer)
    2 - Have used it 3 times while fighting mobs - aggro meter went from 85 to.....85 on first mob, from 78 to....78 on second mob, and from 56 to....56
    How is this reducing my aggro?
  9. Nniki Augur

It doesn't require a duration effect as it no longer reduces aggro over time. The aggro reduction is applied instantly. It's a small value, I believe.

Game Update Notes: November 20, 2019: