miragul, I want to love you, but . . .

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotlust, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Lenowill Augur

Two friends and I resubbed to play on Miragul, and it's going fine so far. There's consistently a nice buff ball in PoK by the Oggok stone, and Dream Feerrott always has a few people running around. There are guilds forming and even a few crafters starting to spring up. While I can't comment on areas beyond that yet, characterizing it as "DOA" when its ruleset is was targeting a specific niche to begin with seems premature.

Personally, I really like that it's a convenient place to see what the level 85+ game is like on any class one wants, and it's been fun giving HoT another whirl.
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

Fellow Miragulite here weighing in my experiences thus far. I quoted this person because he's accurate-ish.

The one misleading part would be the frequency in which you can interact with people. I had a few days with mira and not having to go to work is the only way i could interact with people that werent already just a package deal group from X server. Now that i'm back in my work routine hitting these marks seems very rare for me.

When someone calls this server DOA it's not meant to be taken literal but the hype and popularity of it is what earns the title. Personally, i think its a great idea with poor execution. starting in omens would have been good middle ground.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm going to have to disagree, I think TSS is a far superior midway point unless perhaps PoR is unlocked right alongside DoDH.

My reasoning is that having played on Live up to end of SoF & on Phinny from Gates onwards that long Level 70 stretch is the absolute <expletive> worst era in all of EverQuest History I saw more players quit Live & TLP just prior to PoR than any other expansion, it's just not a popular expansion at all because it feels rushed & Deathknell in particular aged terribly.
    code-zero and jeskola like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Anyone asking for a TLP to start in OOW at the start of the 4-expansion level 70 slog has clearly never played through all 4 expansions beginning to end on a TLP.

TSS makes the most sense by far. For Miragul, I am guessing they weighed a TSS start vs a Heroic start (which required an HOT start) and Heroic won.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.