Paladin - Yaulp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tolecnal, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Tolecnal New Member

Not a fan of the recent changes to Yaulp where it's now part of the stun/disruption/force line of special abilities. Thematically, it just doesn't feel like it fits in with these abilities and now you're put in situations where you have to use them so that you can keep the haste and mana regen going. If the idea was to simplify, then it should be made a permanent affect since I don't think I've ever had a fight were I didn't cast or use Yaulp. I view Yaulp and LOH as the quintessential abilities that defined what a Paladin was and this feels like it was nerfed for no good reason. :(
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

As with most changes to years-long abilities, it is a challenge for me to adjust to new usage behavior. Overall though, I think it is a positive change.

The haste component is an odd thing to be upset about, as it is only 30% so it has zero impact unless you just died (but outlasted rez effects) and have no haste buffs/haste clicky handy.
  3. Szilent Augur

Do you have fights where you don't use disruption/disruptive?
  4. Silverstone Journeyman

An excellent change imo. It feels appropriate. Only thing I wish: Yaulp gave overhaste and not normal haste.

Overall love the change, thank you devs for such an awesome change.
  5. dubblestack Elder

How is adding 1 ability you spam to fire off other abilities you spam a nerf? its just giving you one less thing to keep track of or smash.
  6. Allayna Augur

Well for one, it requires you to now be in combat to yaulp, which wasn’t a requirement before.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. Flat Toad Elder

Yep, tho at least it also fires off Divine Stun too...but still, for folks who preferred to click it before agroing...irkish.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

It is so in character for me to cast an AA stun/spell interruption on myself just have a mana regen buff. I cannot believe it took me 20 years to figure out how right this was all along.

just lol
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Except you can't cast any of the three aa on yourself :(
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. josh Augur

While I'm not a fan of having to be in combat to cast it, I will say, the name of the spell suggests that it is a battle cry. seems a bit silly that we were all just shouting our battle cry's while everyone around us was just sitting there quietly.
  11. Allayna Augur

Time to get my holgresh beads out.
    Warpeace and Wulfhere like this.
  12. Maedhros High King

I have no problem at all with the change. One less button to push and it is totally irrelevant that you cannot cast it while out of combat... sit down, get on a mount.. it was what, 1 more total mana regen to use yaulp than it was to sit?
    As far as being a quintessential paladin ability... it wasn't even a paladin ability to begin with, it was a cleric ability that got farmed out to us. LOH and Slay undead are the only 100% unique things that we do, and even slay undead was added in later.
    Redemption likes this.
  13. shiftie Augur

How dare you leave act of valor off this list
    Redemption, Allayna and Maedhros like this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Every army since time immemorial pumps up their warriors with speeches and cheering and shield bashing and bloodletting before the actual combat. Gets the adrenaline flowing.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Stephen51 Augur

I'm just back from a mini-break (vacation) so I'm sorting hotkeys and AA's. Has anyone tested whether Yaulp fires if the stun doesn't land?
  16. Redemption Lorekeeper

always fires