Harmtouch on TLP - 7 AAs for 240 damage?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanathol, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Xanathol Augur

Harmtouch on TLPs is different from the AA description until Gates of Discord unlocks. At level 60 in Kunark & Velious, Harmtouch does 20 * level + 1 (1201). In Luclin, there are two buyable ranks of Harmtouch, costing 3 & 4 AAs respectively. After buying both ranks, the damage goes up to... 1441. To put this into perspective, Mana Burn is 12000 damage. A regular bard targeted AE with amp is over 2400 dmg each hit. The list goes on...

Please remove the TLP only restrictions on Harmtouch, allowing full damage and the blocking DoT portion / effect. Or at a minimum, add a full description so people know how worthless the current TLP implementation is so they don't waste AAs on it.
  2. Scruff Elder

please delete this post, don't let other people know how weak harmtouch is or they'll stop being afraid of us
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For reference this is more then HT did in those Eras originally.

SKs benefit more then any other class from all their out of era abilities. No reason to buff them anymore when they're the most consistently overrepresented on TLPs.
  4. Xanathol Augur

That's not true. In era, the first AA was Improved Harm Touch which made Harm Touch unresistable and a pre-req for Unholy Touch. Unholy Touch added 450 per rank and if you had any levels of Spell Casting Fury, it was guaranteed to crit.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Please someone help the SKs they are underpowered.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

HT was never a guaranteed crit in those eras.

Harm touch had much lower base damage before the changes to Unholy, 901 at 60. Unholy disc used to increase HT by 25% and when they changed Unholy the 25% damage was added plus some extra dmg to HT for free. HT was also resistible and trust me as one of the few people that played back an SK back then it got resisted a lot. HT didn't have any AA upgrades in SOL and it shared a cooldown with Leech touch AA everyone that had Leech Touch would never actually use HT in SoL. HT does more damage then it did originally in Classic-SOL and then GOD onwards the only expansion HT does less is in PoP and only if you had 300+ aas and only if you don't crit. Unholy also didn't come out until SoV, TLPs get it in Kunark. Adding 50% to your taps is a crazy amount of burst dmg that the old Unholy disc doesn't even compare with. All your 60 and below Lifetaps function as one rank higher thanks to the spells revamp which is where the bulk of SK burst comes from in double dipping in OOE buffs. SKs used to not get triple attack until an AA in PoP and it only worked on 2 handers. Now they get it in classic in the 40s.

SK burst DPS is way higher then i was originally.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

8. Machen New Member

MoTM and AoC's largely make the reason for the nerf irrelevant.

But, as others have noted, SK's hardly need the boost they would get from reverting it.
  9. Xanathol Augur

Umm... no. Unholy Aura was first a 25% boost, yes, but was changed to a 50% boost in 2001.

I don't accept the Forum Quest Warrior duel request - there is simply no justification for nothing to indicate that 7 AAs would only result in a laughable 240 damage increase to HT.
  10. Machen New Member

Fine. If they fix the aa description to so indicate, would that satisfy you?

FWIW there are dozens if not hundreds of bad aa descriptions.
  11. taliefer Augur

theres no real reason for HT to be as weak as it is on TLPs now. not for the aa description to be so off.
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

2400 open aoe in luclin era ? I don t remember anything close to that.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

K
  14. Xanathol Augur

Amplification + Denon's Desperate Dirge (and singing mastery 1 for good measure) == 2412
  15. Roxas MM Augur

pfft you aint seen nothing yet. Try planar power in the later expansions, when you train ranks that cost 35 aa per rank, and you gain like 30 hps from it. :rolleyes:
  16. nostalgicfool Augur

Oh lol this song that you can cast once in a while and use 3/4 of your mana ....

The first poster wrote " tick for " as far as i remember this does not tick, it is a one desperate big blast. It is not even a PB aoe, it is a targeted one.

May be somewhat useful in aoe groups, but the recast is likely to be large due to the mana cost, as far as i remember KEI or similar buff do not work on bards, i m not sure about potions.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I still have one to go for Rain of Fear. I feel dirty every time I buy a rank.
  18. Xhartor Augur

Currently during PoP on TLP's Leech Touch hits hard then HT, and it's a joke compared to what it was during live.

Unholy Aura on TLP lets SK pretend to be a wizard in burn mode, that wasn't the case during live.