Log Horizon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Strawberry Augur

I started watching this and noticed all these classes looked like EQ. I looked up more info and the writer of this show played EQ, which is why all the classes make sense.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Tucoh Augur

I've never watched that show or this one, but this clip makes me laugh everytime I kick off my massive buff chain.

Axxius and Laurana like this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Both fantastic Animes, Highly recommend
  4. Duder Augur

rofl
  5. Buri Augur

I've watched both of those... another good anime series along the same lines is Sword Art Online.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  6. Chorus Augur

first 2 seasons, everything after that is really really dumb rehash. Same for Overlord though, it got bad after the first season really fast.
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Log Horizon - I thought the first season was bearable, the second was awful. I think it is a little more EQ2 than EQ1 but there's a lot of overlap. There are a couple interesting MMO concepts explored.

I only watched a few episodes of Overlord but didn't really like it.

I did really like Sword Art Online, especially Gun Gale Online and Mother's Rosario. I didn't watch farther than S2.
  8. Risiko Augur

Sword Art Online (the first season) is my favorite anime of all time. I absolutely love it.
  9. Nniki Augur

I like SAO too. It gets a lot of hate online, but meh. It's a fun show. I've been enjoying the Alicization arc. Been watching the War of Underworld episodes as they come out.
  10. Mr. Froo Developer

I'm disappointed in the lack of .Hack references here in relations to video games /tsk /tsk. But also Log Horizon is very much worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
    Koryu and Duder like this.
  11. Robnie Augur

[IMG]

#barbariansinanime

This may or may not be part of the reason my first toon was a Barbarian warrior!
    Mr. Froo likes this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

SAO and Log Horizon can really be best appreciated by us long time EQ players who have been trapped in the damn game for over 20 years.
  13. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

The .hack PS2 game was terrific. I played circa 2005. Thanks for reminding me. I'm gonna see if any are available to purchase online.
  14. Riou EQResource

If you got a PS4, it got a remastered collection version like 2 years ago, can get a new copy for like 20$

Think this might be on PC also?
    Mr. Froo likes this.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

16. Lenowill Augur

.hack//SIGN and Log Horizon are two of my favorite animes. The former really helped ignite my imagination about the possibilities of being stuck in a virtual world at a time when I was heavily into EQ years ago; the latter more recently gave me a great look back at how in-game communities (and analogous real-world communities) develop and evolve.

I was not at all surprised when I learned the writer of Log Horizon played EQ. A bard even has a floaty-notes sword at one point! Also, Rundelhous Code is an amazing distillation of the "newbie over-aggressive wizard/blaster/etc." type. xD
    Mr. Froo likes this.
  17. Mr. Froo Developer

The remastered collection is 100% on pc, just picked it up. The animations are clearly ps2 era but the game actions and combat have aged pretty well.
    Bobbybick and Riou like this.
  18. bortage spammin lifetaps

There's an abridged comedy version of the first season of Sword Art Online on youtube if you like dumb humor, it starts off cringy but the characters develop into something better than the source material