Please stop the AOE cancer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asdasd1212, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asdasd1212 Journeyman

hi, i don't know why it hasn't been patched yet but enchanter stuns don't share a cooldown timer so you can permastun an infinite amount of mobs if they aren't immune or resistant.

this results in 1 or more zones per expansion being a complete write off for normal players because aoe groups are killing every mob and training every player.

its so damn simple to fix.

make the stuns share a reuse timer.

what is stopping you?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Add a cooldown timer and those groups will just box another oog enchanter
  3. enclee Augur

It already gets fixed later on.
  4. Krezzy Augur

AE groups are themselves a symptom of a bigger issue. The grind to max level is too long and not rewarding enough for many players.
  5. Machen New Member

It's been a part of the game since 1999. And it is fixed, just play past Luclin and it goes away completely. If the only expansions you like are the ones where it is a problem, well, that's just part of the game in those eras, live with it.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  6. Ayoheee Augur

The correct solution would be to make around 5pct of the mobs in the targeted zones stun immune. That way you're not hurting a class--not that enchanters don't need to be hurt--but removing the aoe madness.
  7. Chuuk Augur

They could just reduce the mob level's affected by the spells. No way a L1 AoE stun should be affecting L55 mobs in any sane world...

AoE'ing is fun though. I made a 3-box (alt-tabbing) on Ragefire (ENC / CLR / WIZ) and had a blast in Velks and Acrylia. I will warn that with only 3 characters, it can get pretty risky.
  8. Duder Augur

You are playing on TLP for the experience. AE groups were the same back then. It is part of the game. As said in a previous post, it is handled later in the game. If you want the live experience play on live, other wise, stop crying about things that have been a part of the game for 20 years and were a part of the times you are trying to experience/re-create. As well, you are calling for a nerf, which is against forum rules. Have a real discussion about a topic if you look to make change. Coming to the boards and flaming your anger does nothing.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. asdasd1212 Journeyman

this is a very weak argument, because nobody knew how to play the game in 1999, so anything existing then doesn't mean it should exist now because it wasn't being exploited to the max like now.

it is definitely still an issue in PoP so your other point doesn't stand up either.
  10. asdasd1212 Journeyman

aoe groups were not the same back then, you are lying or you have never played a TLP.

i don't want live experience the game is trash.

i am asking for a fix to prevent zone disruption and you don't even play on the servers i'm talking about.

which means your contribution was worthless.
  11. Machen New Member

It was. Maybe not on your server, but on my server there were ae groups completely monopolizing places like seb and the deep.
    Reht likes this.
  12. Fizon Augur

No.

This has nothing to do with zone disruption and everything to do with you being jealous you arnt part of one. With the pick change you can really hop picks anymore
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  13. asdasd1212 Journeyman

i main enchanter i could spam stun all day if i wanted to but it's incredibly dull and a bot could do it better.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Spoiler alert: nobody would grind traditional exp in The Deep anyways.

Ae groups peak right here but it's a thing of the past quickly.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

Your rhetoric is worthless and you have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea where I play. AE groups were the same then as they are on TLP. If the game is trash on live, and other people are making the game unenjoyable to you on TLP then stop playing. Don't demand the game be designed and changed according to your playstyle.

Stop being a Violet

Randel Flag likes this.
  16. asdasd1212 Journeyman

well ill take your word for it but back in the day i never got trained by aoe pullers pretending i didnt exist like happens all the time now in some zones.
  17. asdasd1212 Journeyman

you come and tell me my post is worthless now you tell me stop playing, how about you stop posting on my thread
  18. Mad_Mikey Elder

So three affected expansions x ~1 zone per = 3 zones per server over its lifetime.

Yeah, yeah, I know, they are popular zones. The truth is, for all the whining about this I’ve seen over the years, on the four TLPs I’ve played through at least Luclin, I don’t remember ever being molested by an AE zone-hogging team while xp’ing during the first month or so of an expansion. In my experience it doesn’t start to get nuts until the majority of players have done their leveling and looted their loot and moved on. There are surely exceptions, and I might just be really, really lucky. But nerfing a spell line that’s been the way it is for twenty plus years over this? Pass.

If you want to spice it up and give mobs a 0.1% chance to resist a stun, you can probably make a decent argument at least.

And your “the game is trash” and “your contribution was worthless” attitude isn’t helping your cause, btw.
    Duder likes this.
  19. asdasd1212 Journeyman

listen if people talk to you like trash they deserve the same in return.

making stuns share a cooldown doesn't nerf anything except for spamming stuns which has no utility outside of AoE.

making mobs have a random % to resist stun is a real and huge and lame nerf.

also, 1 zone per expansion is minimum. i call it cancer because it's spreading. more and more no-go zones for normal players.
  20. Duder Augur

You criticize the game based on your interaction with other players and call for nerfs, what else to you expect Violet?
    Randel Flag likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.