The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Nov 11, 2019.

1. SunDrake Augur

Haha, I said to myself when you first posted, 'No way that dude actually plays on Coirnav.'
  2. laenar New Member

I played P99 Green/Teal for a few weeks. It's terrible. Selectively classic components, deliberately gimping some classes, and expertly rewarding others. It's nothing like true classic, anymore than Mangler is like true classic. It just has the worse graphics.
  3. Rothj Augur

I kind of agree with you, but many aspects of it are decent emulations of classic. If you play on a tlp, you won't really be able to experience the game in its original unnerfed state. Teal/green are fun to play and will let you experience a lot of things you probably wouldn't be able to on a tlp.
  4. Elskidor Augur

It's about as true to classic as you'll get, but also with GMs that enforce rules. And no, none of our TLPs here have ever come close to replicating that classic feel due to leaving out so much (corpse run is a big one), but also leaving in changes that have occurred over the years and letting them sneak in.That's not to say I don't love having available many of the features the TLPs do allow, but don't pretend P99 doesn't near hit the nail on the head when attempting to mirror classic. That's what it excels at, even if I do wish they'd just add the stupid pet window and make that UI prettier.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

As it turns out, most people don't want that. They think they do, but they don't.
  6. Rothj Augur

Why do you assume most don't want that? How do you know? P99 hits peaks of 3k players on Sundays and it's an unofficial server. There is definitely a large playerbase that wants that. Release a tlp server with original loot, original exp, corpse runs, and original player power and one with all the current setups and see which is more popular.

What has a high chance of happening is that the harder server will end up being popular because people will choose whatever has the highest value of completing. A server with corpse runs and slower exp would be more legitimate and would attract a lot rolling there just wanting to overcome that. Also I would like a server without group exp bonus so that soloing is viable again.
  7. Machen New Member

EQ TLPs combined hit way more than 3k players at peak, and they all pay $15 a month or the equivalent. Most people don't want that, or they would be on P99 and not here shelling out money to DBG.
  8. Rothj Augur

Wow classic had probably 4 million subs come in, yet the private servers peaked at like 20k players usually. More people will always play official servers.
  9. Drakk New Member

Were you not around when they announced Mangler? It was supposed to have slower xp rates and higher xp penalties for death. That alone was enough to make the tlp crowd lose their minds and it became another phinny clone. P99 has its fanbase but around here they like things a certain way
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Rothj Augur

the forums don't represent the ingame playerbase
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

The more I watch P99 on Twitch, the more I wonder how people play that ugly @$$ version of the game. :oops:
    code-zero likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

Badly, they play it very badly