Rest in Peace Aradune.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by TelinDarkforest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Ironwall Journeyman

good bye my friend =(

i picked a heck of a day to start playing again after 3or 4 year break this time. missed the old game. :)
  2. Ssauleron New Member

Rest in peace Aradune. Thanks for helping to make such beautiful worlds and sharing them with others. Although I didn't know you personally you made a lasting impact on my life for the better.
  3. wolfcaller New Member

in my Grandfather's teachings as a Shaman, he said no one vanishes as long as they are remembered,
    I will carry my memory of you, perhaps they could erect a small statute in PoK?

~wolfcaller
    Elmdor likes this.
  4. Mithrass New Member

I was lucky enough to meet Aradune in the beta. He stopped by Black Burrow and asked us what we liked about the game and what thanked us for helping. We all loved his flaming sword. Total class act.

Thanks Brad.
  5. Adsila New Member

Can you please change the text for "It begins to rain" to something like "Karana mourns the loss of a great power", or something like that?
  6. Thalstan New Member

Rest in Peace Mr. McQuaid. I played EQ for 6 years and still play EQ2 on occasion. I am still active in the multi-game guild I joined when I played EQ and have had the benefit of those friendships for the past 20 years.

Your ideas and work helped to shape many of the first and second generation MMOs, and many are till used today. Your family should be proud of the mark you have left on this world. Someone once said we are never really gone from this world until there is no one who remembers us. If that is the case, you will be around for a long time.

Thank you for all that you did.
  7. Nexxo New Member

Everquest and Vanguard are both games with a really unique feel. There is some genious in both games, and Aradune probably contributed a lot to it.
    He will not be forgotten, at least for those of us who grew up with these online worlds...
  8. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

9. Yummydain New Member

See you on the other side Brad. Thank you for all that you have done to inspire the minds of players and giving us worlds to cherish for decades.
  10. Vanrijn New Member

R.I.P. Brad, my son-in-law Morgan remembered him when he was working for EQ back in the day...
  11. Grove Augur

I suggest a new holiday: Founder's Day (or week) with a quest related to new statue of Aradune. Of course, the holiday comes around every year.
  12. Corak Elder

R.I.P Brad, and thank you for doing so much to make this community possible.
  13. Greendav Lorekeeper

Rib Brad. A simple post on this forum is not enough for you. You deserve a page at the Home of Everquest Web Site.
    Sure we will meet you one day again near the gate of Old freeport !
    Marton and Cazmac like this.
  14. Cazmac Augur

Only 51, a lot younger than me. I feel shocked and very sad, although I never knowingly had any contact, real or virtual, with him; I just admired his work and shall continue to enjoy what he and the team created. I respectfully offer condolences to his family.
  15. Grom New Member

It is like yesterday. We are back to the year 1999. It's end of march and I have just made by way through alot of snakes and server rollbacks. I am level 12 and selling binds for money in Qeynos. The business is good ... I have just bought my 8th backpack waiting to be filled with loots.

People tell me that there's a a dungeon nearby, Blackburrow, leading deep down into the earth holding loads of treasures.

Man this dungeon is trainy. After zoning in and out for 30 minutes, it's time to move in a little further ... get to a place where the trains do not hit me all the time.
    Yeah right, how could I know?
    Now everything I had is rotting at the bottom of the dungeon. That tree was obviously a trap. Nice!

I am oocing all evening for groups to help me out of my misery. Every attempt to get down to my corpse ends in a huge train and another corpse.
    I start to grow more and more impatient. Is that really it? Have I lost? Start all over?

Long after midnight ... something's shining through the night, a moving flame. People start to get agile, the chat is turning green and red, people are shouting left and right.
    Long story short ... before I know what is happening, I find myself in a group with a ranger wielding the fiery avenger on the way down to where nobody has gone before.

Thank you Aradune for letting me be part of this very personal adventure, thank you Aradune for creating this marvel of a game called Everquest.

May your fiery avenger lead you the way to your next adventures.
    May The Creator give peace to your soul!
    Rest well, friend!

Grombo
    Bullwyf likes this.
  16. Skur Main New Member

Thx for all Aradune :(
  17. Brovaar Elder

Very sad news. I hope the best for his family.

Thanks for creating Everquest, Mr. McQuaid.
  18. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

I have been around EQ since 1999, I have met many many players over the years who also enjoy the game as much as I do. From my humble beginnings on Mithaniel Marr to now playing the TLP's, Everquest has provided countless hours of entertainment and I will always be grateful for my experience, thank you Aradune for what you have provided to us all. RIP!

One of my favorite loading messages.."Aradune is still stinky"

Sinjax
  19. twiddler New Member

RIP Brad. You made possible the dreams we had as kids playing D&D to take it to the PC and make it so much more. You will be missed. I'm going to roll a new char and head off to slay some Orc for old times sake.

--Twiddler (Rogue of the 7th Hammer)
  20. Herf Augur

So THAT'S why RL is so damned hard :)
    Bullwyf likes this.