Do people genuinely want a FV TLP? (FREE Quiz Inside)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Nov 22, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Instructions: Draw a line from each graph to the server's actual population history:

[IMG]
  2. Duder Augur

Did I do this right?

[IMG]
    Dahaman and Aenvar like this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

We all know:
    1. LEFT = Mangler
    2. Middle = FV
    3. Right = Miragul
    If they made a TLP FV server with a good experience rate. They'd probably have to make 2 - 3 servers to handle the sheer demand. ;)
  4. Elskidor Augur

Yes but get rid of the bots and cheaters or it still won't matter. Clean up your game.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't think they allow red ink in classrooms because this is jarring!
    Duder likes this.
  6. kenmei Augur

FV is the home to the pirate nation, I know, I was one of the original transfers when it was opened.
    It went from damn good idea, to .. well pirate nation is a pretty good description.
    It's always full because it's home to the 40man bot armies, they are spawning and training day and night. Add to that, it is home to where most deals for gear ninja'd from all servers and home to how you create insane test server players..
    So yeah, that's why FV is packed, it's all about commerce in the game, commerce that's not really supposed to exist, but FV exists, so it's kinda plain as day.
    FV TLP will most likely fail as ftp accounts cant make their trades on it. FV rule is purely about commerce, and those pushing it only have those reasons in mind, nothing more honestly.

EQ would do well in creating a PvP TLP. If you haven't seen the WoW classic record breaking event on subs I guess maybe you missed that 'niche' for an mmo pvp we been pleading for. WoW already is losing those subs left and right for they listened to the wrong crowds, and rushed the game past where a casual can keep up (which on a nostalgia intensive game, kinda silly to rush content).
    Once again, imho.. The deity pvp server was the best ruleset and experience I had ever had playing EQ. Find that server and reboot it, you had a version near the end where everyone dropped medals when we killed each other and vendors in qeynos and RV (all I saw, I was newt) to buy gear from those medals.

edit: oh forgot, the best part of the server..
    could care less if it's truebox or not, as boxing is a just announcing to the world free kills in EQ PvP.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

support open trade loot, MMORPGs should always have a true trade scene and no trade loot denies a trade scene.
    Aenvar likes this.
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yeah, I'm going to say you don't play here now. There are FAR more casual players than people trying to sell and horde plat/krono. Run around the PoK, inspect people. It is definitely used by other people on other servers and for Test, but Test population is super small. I buy and sell raid gear all the time, but it's not rampant like you say it is. I have a hard time buying 5 LUCK raid gear, I can barely even find it!
  9. kenmei Augur

Correct, stopped playing on FV once HBB changed the entire commerce and direction of the server. Had no idea it would get as bad as it did (meaning krono), I was on TLP servers by the time I saw the same mentality enmasse on RF and LJ. Was like, I seen this before..
  10. Funk Augur

Free trade is both good for the casual group player as well as hardcore raiders.
    The raider outgrows gear, sells it. The more casual player who can do older content sells his wares and makes enough to buy raid items for his current level. Both parties are happy.

Bot armies holding down old content? Agent of Change solves that. North ToV for example, if someone had it perma camped attempting to corner the market the AoC would be there to equalize that as countless others could farm it as well and flood the market, bringing prices down.

You are talking about things that don't even happen anymore. And you would just make the new server to not allow transfers to it.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Perfect Krono farming Server:

Not Truebox
    AoC in
    Free Trade
    Classic XP
    12 weeks per expansion
    Starts in classic, ends after PoP Beaten, then wipes all characters off the server & restarts in Classic
    Aegir likes this.
  12. enclee Augur

Free trade is what MMORPGs are supposed to embrace. Community interactions and players filling out niches in the game. Some become merchants, tradeskillers, others become conquerors, and some are fine just being simple explorers. Otherwise, what’s the point to an in-game economy if there’s nothing worth spending in-game currency on. The no drop stuff is dumb, petty, and divides the community into separate sections.
  13. kenmei Augur

Let me phrase it in a way the anti PvP-TLP folk will understand.
    If you want another Free Trade server, everyone log onto Brekt and make it popular,
    until then, there is obviously not a need to have another free trade server other than FV.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. birisu Elder

A lot of people are on FV because it has 50% bonus exp and because it has more people to play with. It's a little disingenuous to point to FVs population and say "see, people want free-trade loot" because that's only part of the equation.
    FubarEQ and Skuz like this.
  15. kenmei Augur

I actually went there for the exp bonus. Got alot of other bonuses didn't actually bargain for, lol.
  16. Funk Augur

So all the normal live servers plus all the normal TLP's are fine, but only 2 free trade servers should exist? Because no normal loot live servers are dead right?

You are simply here vehemently against the idea of a 3rd free trade server? Please help us to understand why.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

At least FV players exist......
    What's the population of the two most populated PvP servers? :p
    Skuz and HoodenShuklak like this.
  18. kenmei Augur

a PvP server exists (Zek),
    the ghost of when they merged the 3? pvp servers into 1, or sorry 3 to 2 to 1. But it happened so fast, regardless..
    the pvp players left long ago, and the ones I speak of, never played the merged Zek pvp, that's a completely diff beast of folk (most us went to SWG, DAoC, WARHammer, WoW, etc).
  19. Funk Augur

SWG huh? Let me guess, you were a rebel?'=) Just pokin fun, pvp was awesome in there. From 1 v1 jedi fights in the middle of nowhere, to 25 v 25 battles in player cities, to getting hunted by 2 and 3 bounty hunters at a time (and beating them).

Ahh good times, but back to EQ and free trade! We are really simply overdue for another free trade server if you look at all the server options.
  20. kenmei Augur

Why?
    because every fiber of my being says it's a bad idea after seeing what happened to FV.
    add that to what has happened to each and every TLP...
    But..
    I propose a solution.
    FV TLP where Krono is no trade.
    Now, if you truly only want to play the game for the sake of the game, THIS would have great interest for you, but my guess is the folk who want free trade want it to further their krono business, nothing more.
    Meridian likes this.