37 people this morning in house of thule turn off true box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brutalis-trak, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Berkwin Elder

I think best idea for a server is a nice Ladder climb with account wide 999 "claim" prizes, with a one death scenario. all GEAR attunable. I am seriously at the point I would run a lvl 1 From Qyenos to Kelethin using boats drunk at this point in time...
  2. Kontra Augur

Imagine rolling on a truebox ruleset server than angrily posting on the forums that you don't agree with the ruleset. If you don't like it, exercise your option.
  3. Kloodge Elder

That's not really what you said, but I misinterpreted what you were saying. Sorry for the snark. I had just woke up, and on the wrong side of the bed.

My point was that contrary to what a lot of people repeat here, you can use the number of people in general or /who to get a rough idea of relative populations.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

It would be better if they were more open to correcting/updating rulesets after the fact. Selo for example badly needs open trade loot, as fast the server goes, hand-me-downs are essential.
  5. Machen New Member

I dunno, I generally appreciate the fact that they are very slow to change things like this. It would suck if you spent years investing in characters on a server only to have the rules yanked out from under you and the server changed to something you absolutely don't want to play, and now you have no option to xfer your character or any option to continue to play the way you'd been allowed to up to this point.

I think a desire for change needs to be nearly universal before they should pull the trigger.
    Ashian likes this.
  6. ElConquistador New Member

Leave it as it is.
  7. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

not at all what i was doing, just noting that other servers have pop over 300 this is a brand new server pop is under 200 , i think that true box is a bad idea for high level servers, but eh ill watch this experiment play out and we can revisit this in a few months, just don't blame the heroic start, its all about the fact you are being forced to log a second box on a separate computer, and being charged to play here unlike other servers high level where you can play boxes for free, or your main if that's what you choose, not to mention zone locks are broken , but that's just what i have noticed so far.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Many EQ veterans from both TLP and Live posted why this server would fail, along with detailed, financially-focused explanations. All this fell on deaf ears, as DBG continues to think they know better.

DBG is lacking an employee who can quickly parse through forum gibberish and extract relevant data.
    Bobbybick, MasterMagnus and Machen like this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

DBG is lacking something.

For example, a FV TLP.
    Funk and jeskola like this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe they can hire one of the many bot's they do have. :D
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I suppose this server might have been a good idea with a few tweaks here and there, but I personally feel its time to be a little more transparent with what DBG is doing. If they are going to release multiple TLP servers per year, then why not go back to the Event model we had with Quarm? I think there would be interest in a server where the objective is to race to beat something. Start in TSS at level 55 with 200ish AAs and Selo's level XP and race to beat Ashengate and Frostcrypt. Or start in SoD at level 65 with 500ish AAs with Selo's level XP and race to beat Brekt. Just throwing ideas out there. Make rewards that are able to be claimed on any TLP or live server that are scaled to the level they are claimed at. I had a lot of fun with Quarm and I think it would be a better use of resources than a new, fully fledged TLP every few months, and it would stop the thinning of the TLP population everytime a new server is launched because people would play for the event and then go back to thier home server.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

For people that want a TLP experience as opposed to starting on a Live server, there are no non-truebox servers, so exercising your option means having no options.

Note: Yes, there are servers like Ragefire, but for many they have surpassed the era they want to play in.
    And these answers tie-in to your comment as well - yes, it's bad to sweep a promised ruleset out from under a server, yet at the same time that means there is almost no hope of changing a ruleset unless a massive number of players agree on asking for change, and such agreement never happens. Especially when there's more than one change involved - people could ask for open trade loot, but also ask for a certain unlock speed, certain exp rate, and dozens of other things, if you pull out one specific topic plenty might agree, but agree in unison across 20 categories? Not happening, so the biggest problem to me, is the years of cookie cutter phinny clones they put out. Or put another way, their lack of willingness to put out a broad variety of rulesets.

Granted, there HAVE been some additional rulesets, for example, selo was a refreshing change, it brought me back after all. Miragul was a change, whether it was a good change, I dont know because I dont know what population.

Although, at the same time, Selo's ruleset differences are primarily just in exp rate, expansion unlocks, rare spawn rate and event lockout timers....it is yet another in a line of truebox, just as Miragul is. I'd be interested in giving a non-truebox a try(although I might not last long since we know that they won't stop the 3rd party programs that facilitate 30 boxers), except, I think it's all but guaranteed that a non-truebox server would be standard in virtually every other way - 3 to 6 months unlocks, slow exp, no trade loot, nothing else different.
  13. Naturalist Lorekeeper

The people have spoken. It was a bad decision, let's make it right. Throw the switch.
  14. Rotlust Augur

15. Meridian Augur

16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If server has Seeds of Destruction unlocked
    Then remove Truebox code
    Rustelo123 likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

18. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

That boat probably has pirates on it anyways.
  19. kozmik New Member

Not exactly the thread for it, but on True Box ruleset servers, boxing is not allowed except on separate devices -- however VM's are not allowed.

Are hardware switches allowed, to use the same kb&m across two computers?
    Can you use software like Teamviewr or even Synergy to use the same kb&m across two computers?
  20. Machen New Member

Daybreak has been asked this hundreds of times and never answered.

But, the reality is, either they can't or won't detect it. As long as it's not blatant I've never heard of someone getting suspended for it. I've known people who have used synergy for as long as truebox has been in existence without ever receiving so much as a warning.