After patch, crash at server select screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Exill, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Exill New Member

Hey all, hoping to find a resolution here... I can log into my account just fine, but when I click the Play Everquest or the play on the last server button, there is a slight pause, then the screen just closes, shortly after the login screen closes as well as if the game is booting up normally.

I have 0 issues with this prior to the patch on 11/19.

I did a search and have tried several different things such as changing compatibility modes to win7 and win8, running full screen and windowed, running as admin on both launcher and eqgame.exe, changing the eqgame.exe to not use fullscreen loads(forget the exact wording), and I've also made sure all of my drivers are updated.

I have a GeForce GTX1050 if that helps at all.

Any help is appreciated!
  2. niente Developer

Can you give the exact date & time of some of these crashes (if it happens every time maybe do it 3 times in a row then post here).

Also are you using OverWolf? (asking for a friend)
  3. Exill New Member

I never really use Overwolf, but did have it installed. Uninstalled it just to be sure.

I just tried to run it again, and first time trying to log in I actually got an error message this time (first time of about 20 login attempts since patch).

C:\windows\system32\dsound.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact sys admin. Error 0xc0000020.

I'll investigate this next! Thanks for the reply :)
  4. Exill New Member

Also after clicking Ok button on the error a few times it let me in...maybe Overwolf had something running in the background I was unaware of and is gone now with the uninstallation? Either way, at least I can investigate the .dll issue some point and play lol
    klanderso and niente like this.