Druid Peaceful line

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duality, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Duality Augur

"Druid - Removed all ranks of Peaceful Spirit of the Wood and Peaceful Convergence of Spirits. The standard (non-peaceful) versions of these abilities have been changed to trigger an additional blockable damage shield buff named Spiritwood Spikes."

Wasn't the point of having the separate lines for events where you don't want to damage adds? Sure you can have hotkeys to block/unblock, but 40+ people aren't going to do that.
    Wyre Wintermute and Xanathol like this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

When's the last time we had an event with that mechanic? And mobs that would even notice a 270 point damage shield? Not saying it's a good or bad change, just perspective.

I wonder if they could change Spirit of the Wood to use a similar mechanic to the SK "Intense Hatred" line of AA, so instead of adding a damage shield, it would just boost the value of current damage shields.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  3. Rainlover Augur

The idea of making it a boost sounds like a fair solution to the problem or potental problem this causes.
    Winnowyl and Fanra like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

The last time I recall it mattering was in GoD...destroying very low hp adds would blow up the raid. Some glorious SoTW wipes back then.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

GoD south snake with the golem minis that exploded, Vishimtar with the 4 dervishes that turned into harder mobs if killed are the two big examples I recall as a Druid to not use MGB SoTW.

Which is why I always found it dumb that Peaceful was added years after both of those events were relevant. I’m glad this AA line was removed, took up useless space. If you look at spell data you’ll see they renamed the spells for peaceful to be our new Nature’s Frost and Nature’s Fire (atleast the backfilled low level versions) AAs. I will take this trade every day of the week.

Now if only the mana cost on those Nature Nukes could be dropped a slight bit...
  6. Duality Augur

Yeah, I guess your right about it having limited uses. Would be more for the upcoming TLPs. I remember one or two fights in time it would also be good for. Maybe some non-raid type stuff, but that's easily resolved with a hotkey to trigger block before alt activate and then remove block.