Aradune TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Naturalist, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Naturalist Lorekeeper

Aradune ruleset
    Free Trade -
    3x XP full time -
    2x rare spawn full time -
    Reduced lockouts full time -
    True Box Off -

Focused 100% on fun and reducing most grinding. Making your path open to whatever you desire rather than forced to grind to keep up. Reduced lockouts increase guilds ability to gear up a strong force rolling into each new unlocked expansion.

Doing normal progression would be more rewarding as you would advance in levels and aa more quickly while gaining the perks of the progression arc.

Free trade obviously means less waste, and greater market opportunities. As well as the joy of handing down your old items to your own alts.

But what era to start in? Serpents Spine? House of Thule? (since already implemented for Miragul, just tweak rules)
  2. Montag Augur

But Brad liked the game to be grindy and very hard....It was literally "The Vision" that lead to him leaving the company cause people were begging to make the game easier and he kept saying no, that isn't part of "the Vision".

A Velious locked server with 75% less exp would make more sense, but there's P99 for that.
    Aenvar, Funky, Jhenna_BB and 6 others like this.
  3. Naturalist Lorekeeper

That's why we're doing the opposite, in his name. He'd like it.
  4. Duder Augur

Yeah, does not follow Brad's ideology in any way and would be a shame to sully his legacy with a ruleset like that.
    Yinla and Alekzandre like this.
  5. Krezzy Augur

With the rampant farming potential on this server, I'd suggest calling it Cletus Miller.
  6. Vicus Augur

In his honor,
    Starts at classic but below makes even current content more challenging.
    Standard loot rules (Brad did NOT want freeloot)
    Velious/Pop experience rates
    Serverwide debuff placed on every character reducing their overall healing/damage/damage mitigation by 20%. This would increase the difficulty of solo/group and raid content without having to rewrite the code for every character. Similar to the debuff that effected pets only on raid targets, but MUCH easier to code. 20% is open to discussion...10-40% or whatever.
    Truebox through Omens and then Non-Truebox to ensure the server isn't dead in 2 weeks like Miragul (minus two guilds that have 80% of the server population).
    NO KRONO on this server only, requires subscription but Krono disabled to ensure a fair and legit classic feel.
    Maps Disabled until LDON (when missions were introduced requiring compass directions).
    4 Month level increase, 3 month no levels expansion release speed.

This would be a realistic way to honor Brad if you want to consider his vision, if not I prefer no TLP until Phinny and Selo's reach live..this way the player base doesn't get separated more then it has.

Also this works well with DBG's because this is a mirror opposite of Selo's server where you get a broad stroke look at every expansions, this server will be a stop and smell the roses servers.
  7. Rainlover Augur

I am not opposed to your server idea, in the world of server idea's, there seems so many. but please, if we honor him with a server, it should not be an "easy" one. i feel that would be more of a dishonor.
    Delphwind, Yinla and Duder like this.
  8. Naturalist Lorekeeper

1/10 and that's a stretch, and this rampant farming you speak of is a non factor.
    He had a sense of humor too, and might actually like the idea in this era of EQ so late in the game with an older player base than ever.
  9. Naturalist Lorekeeper

Like I was saying to Duder, the average age of the current EQ player is older than ever. He may have wanted hardcore grind originally but now with the older player base do you really think he would want grown adults ignoring their families to grind EQ 12 hours a day like his original "Vision" as you say?

I don't think so. And all this talk of dishonoring his name is pretty silly if you factor in the current state of the game.
  10. VandilIzer Augur

And you just want your server type so bad that you are using a dead mans memory to try to push your agenda rather than really thinking of what a server in his memory should be like.

1/10, and that's a stretch.
    Rajaah, Tour, tofu stir fry and 4 others like this.
  11. Machen New Member

If the purpose is to honor him, it doesn't make sense to honor him with something that is exactly the opposite of his contribution to Everquest. No matter whether he conceivably might possibly have liked it.
    Rajaah, Kontra, Tour and 6 others like this.
  12. Vylense New Member

I don't think we need to honor him with exactly how Brad would have built wanted it 20 years ago.. it still has to hold a player base and lets be real.. im not about to do CR's after some PUG group kills me for the 4th time.

With that being said.. lets not throw darts at the random features and attributes board and build a server based around it. Do a Phin clone with some fun (minor) tweaks.. and for ffs dont make the exp terrible. You want to really impress everyone.. do some fun events. The GM's of old used to actually interact with us.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  13. Imbetterthanyou New Member

the group didnt kill you for the 4th time, you killed yourself with bad gameplay ability. Dont blame others for your short comings
  14. Alekzandre Augur

15. Bailen Augur

The journey is the fun!
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would rather an in-game memorial that is on all servers rather than a server named after Aradune, debating a ruleset that fits Aradune's name is just a dive into a can of worms that doesn't do the man justice.
  17. Vylense New Member

Thank you for weighing in on an entirely hypothetical situation. +5 epeen points, be sure to tell your family of this great deed.. you strange little neck beard.
  18. Rainlover Augur

I agree with this, an in game memorial, in a zone that is classic so all players can go there and remember. or, perhaps an NPC in shadowrest? I also don't feel the dev's need to do something with haste. just something , even if it takes a bit.
  19. tofu stir fry Augur

i say make him and NPC in the game ... he wanders where he wants is completely unkillable and can be taken over by Devs for events. call it Aradunes Ghost
    Meridian and Yinla like this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Take a look at how Pantheon was going to be... and come on back. Either that or this was a silly troll post.