Rest in Peace Aradune.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by TelinDarkforest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. kenmei Augur

We were playing the first weeks of the game. in Hi Keep, it was late at night west coast maybe 1am. I was in the raider room with maybe 50 others in the zone, there were alot of us on at that time, it's when we played (THE GAME WAS UP!)... on dial up, earthlink. I remember being behind my book reading chat and the ranger saying Aradune was on track, we bolted!
    Brad ran down the ramp into the main goblin room as Aradune, with his flaming sword (ranger, wtf)..
    but with him was this gorgeous wood elf ranger in sparkling (serious sparkles) green armor, and a lime green title Sony President or something to that regard, he was running her through and just killing what we couldn't KS off of him, while we basically peppered him with all sort of questions, and her with all sorts of marriage proposals.
    It was fast, maybe 10 minutes, but it was so memorable. He loved playing with us, you could see it. He really changed things with EQ. Through it all, I wanted to see him reach the Vision, I hope he realizes he set us all on the course to. I don't think that's actually a bad thing.
    RIP Brad,
    and thank you.
    Malo, Grove and Bailen like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Rest in peace.
  3. Kolani Augur

He still lied to my face during Kunark beta. :(

We made up and he apologized a few years ago though, RIP Aradune. O7.
  4. Cidran Augur

Rest in peace
  5. Jobob New Member

Rest knowing you had a huge impact on us all.
  6. Vanyana New Member

Very sad news indeed. I think that you guys need to make an in game statue of Aradune in PoK beside the soul binder. Flaming sword and green armor. He poured his soul into this game and we have been bound to it for 20 years. It's only fitting.
    Azbaelus likes this.
  7. Mythrill/Mythavatar New Member

RIP, Aradune.
    Heartfelt sympathy to Brad's family and friends; his legacy will live on.
    /Agree: There needs to be an in-game memorial of some kind. (Renaming Mangler, the 20th anniversary server, to Aradune would be OK by me.)
    Inshado likes this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shocked, only a couple of years older than me.

RIP Brad, thank you for sharing your vision of Everquest with the world. My condolences to your family and friends. You will be missed.
  10. Durris Journeyman

11. Bobokin Augur

"I'm so glad we had this time together" - Carol Burnett
  12. Miramyn New Member

Brad is the reason I met my wife back in '99

We were in different countries at the time, but grouped in EQ at release and have been married almost 20 years now.

He had a much further reach and changed lives in more ways than he could ever imagine
    Skuz, Gherig and Zaray like this.
  13. complexication Kassina

Thank you Brad, for pouring your soul into a game that I've watched my stepfather play all those years ago. For pouring your soul in a game my mother got into simply to keep in touch with her children. For pouring your soul into a game I grew to love myself and have a relatable conversation with my family.
  14. Jury Vicious New Member

Terrible loss, he'll be missed. For some of us EQ old timers, the amount of memories he helped create have not, may not ever be recreated, and I am very thankful for my time with EQ. The MMO genre was infinity better off with Brad in its corner, and originally, as a young growing genre, without Brad and his passion and ideas, the MMO genre as we know it wouldn't be the same. A titan, a true pioneer in the industry, RIP.

And like many, Everquest was the game where I created my online ID, Jury Vicious.
  15. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

To honor His memory seems only fitting to make A Anniversary Raid in his memory! or Maybe In game illusion of Aradune.
    Inshado likes this.
  16. Travestii Elder

Fare thee well Aradune on your next great adventure. My deepest condolences to his family; thank you for sharing him with us.
  17. Rhiel New Member

As has been stated already and I would like to restate due to it's importance, It is amazing how we can feel so deeply to the point of tears by the passing of a man we may only know by his works. Thank you Brad for all you have done. May you be fulfilled in the afterlife whatever it may be.
    Grove likes this.
  18. cnmega New Member

Thank you brad for all your hard work. Your amazing determination brought many to a magical world that brought joy they could use in the real world. You gave me something to do when times were dark and it pulled me threw to better days. Many friendships have been created from your work and as you see the whole world respects you as a wizard of the fantasy world. You are the MMO master forever. I will miss you and your creations.
  19. Inshado New Member

I have played Everquest pretty much from the beginning. I was hard at it in Oasis the day the Twin Towers fell and left the game to watch live news. I have had so many great times, met so many fantastic people, and occasionally crapped myself when I bit off more than I could chew. Tried a few other MMORPGs but always went back to Everquest, currently trying out the Miragul server and enjoying the experience. Thank you Brad (Aradune) for the memories. You were truly a visionary. Personally I would like to see a new city named Aradune perhaps a raid hub. It's a very sad day for EQ veterans.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur