Rest in Peace Aradune.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by TelinDarkforest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. KermittheFroglok Augur

RIP Aradune, I know you left the studio but I hope the Devs immortalize you in either Qeynos or Qeynos Hills.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Seriously agree (less the rioting part).
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Fire_Wiz New Member

RIP, Stinky. Thanks for the amazing world you envisioned.
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Brad Changed my Life. Thank you for the Muffins and thousands of hours of fun. Aradune vs Innoruuk on the Tox Forest Bridge to end Beta in 98/99 still is a crystal clear memory!

[IMG]
  5. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

RIP Aradune.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. doox00 New Member

This is very sad news.. was he sick?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Putting up a monument in game would be pretty cool.
  8. Ranor Lorekeeper

Very sad news my deepest thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the friends and family. RIP. :(
  9. Sirhc Apprentice

Rest in peace brad and thank you for this great game.
    Cazmac likes this.
  10. Alythea New Member

Hi everyone!

I am very sad to hear of his passing; and I am grateful for his work on EverQuest and Vanguard over the years. There is nothing that we can offer as a community to measure up to his contributions to the original EQ dev team.

We often forget that families miss their father, mother, daughter, or son who put in long hours to provide us with wonderful memories.

I would like to suggest that perhaps the new expansion could be publicly dedicated to Mr. McQuaid and his family, with a special message of thanks and condolence from all of us.
  11. Endaar Augur

Strange how the death of a guy you never met, and never really spoke directly to can affect you...but all of us here owe him a debt of gratitude. I remember him being so active on the forums in the early days, talking about how things did or did not fit The Vision(TM). It was a running joke at the time, but the vision he was instrumental in creating is exactly why we're all here today playing this game. Not to mention the impact on the genre and industry as a whole.

I'll echo some of the earlier posters - EQ needs an in-game memorial of some sort for him.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Travestii like this.
  12. Duder Augur

Thanks so much Brad for this wonderful game and the people I've met along the way. Thank you, Rest in peace.
  13. jeskola pheerie

14. Thunderkiks Augur

Rest in peace Brad, my condolences to your family.
  15. Claan Elder

RIP
    Thank you for a game that has been just awesome for 20 years +
    Condolences to all family and friends.
  16. Tenr New Member

RIP.
    Please put a grave marker for him in Shadowrest.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He's helping God program RL now.
    RPoo, Yinla and Sirhc like this.
  18. Risiko Augur

RIP Aradune.

Another of my heroes has passed on.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

When one door closes, Rallos Zek opens another one.

Welcome back Risiko.
  20. Risiko Augur

Only here to pay respects to someone that brought me many years of enjoyment.
    Malo and Mary Poppins like this.