Rest in Peace Aradune.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by TelinDarkforest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

His unexpected death was recently posted on the official Facebook page of Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen.

“It is with deep regret and profound sadness that we share that Brad McQuaid, Chief Creative Officer of Visionary Realms passed away in his home last night.

Brad was a visionary, a mentor, an artist, a trailblazer, a friend, a husband, a father. He touched thousands of lives with his dreams and concepts. He changed the landscape of video games forever. He will be deeply missed and forever remembered in life and in Pantheon.

Thank you, Brad, for bringing us together through your worlds. Rest in peace, Aradune.

All of us at Visionary Realms offer our deepest condolences to Brad’s family and during this most difficult time, we kindly ask that you respect the privacy of Brad’s family.”

Very sad news, I am very grateful for all he did to bring us EverQuest.
    Saer-tse-tao, Axxius, Cazmac and 14 others like this.
  2. Relentless Insomnia

Cazmac, Raludar, Axxius and 8 others like this.
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

Rest in peace.
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

Brad Mcquaid, former producer and lead designer of EverQuest unexpectedly passed away last night. It was announced on the official Facebook page of Pantheon:Rise of the Fallen.

“It is with deep regret and profound sadness that we share that Brad McQuaid, Chief Creative Officer of Visionary Realms passed away in his home last night.

Brad was a visionary, a mentor, an artist, a trailblazer, a friend, a husband, a father. He touched thousands of lives with his dreams and concepts. He changed the landscape of video games forever. He will be deeply missed and forever remembered in life and in Pantheon.

Thank you, Brad, for bringing us together through your worlds. Rest in peace, Aradune.

All of us at Visionary Realms offer our deepest condolences to Brad’s family and during this most difficult time, we kindly ask that you respect the privacy of Brad’s family.”

Very sad news, I am very grateful for all he did to bring us EverQuest.
    Cazmac and Vanrijn like this.
  5. TheStugots Augur

Was just coming to post this...

Sad news, indeed. RIP Brad, and thank you.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Hinastorm86 Augur

Uhg that sucks. Wonder what it means for pantheon also.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Rip.

Arguably the greatest influencer in his mmo field. Lotta good memories spawned from his "vision."
    Cazmac, Tiane and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am deeply saddened, Brad will always be a part of my life thanks to EverQuest & the many memories it has given me & friends I met through it. He was instrumental in making this game such a life changing experience for so many.

RIP Brad, and my condolences to your family & close friends.
    Cazmac, Azbaelus, Alekzandre and 2 others like this.
  9. Meridian Augur

RIP, and thank you for helping to bring us this awesome game.
    Cazmac and eepok like this.
  10. Brumans Augur

Condolences to his family. I don't know his age, but I'd guess ~10 years older than me. Too young.
    Cazmac and eepok like this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

sad news .. RIP brad and condolences to his family .
  12. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Very sad news. Farewell Brad.
  13. Tucoh Augur

RIP Aradune, you brought us all together.
    Cazmac, Endaar, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

From the EverQuest Teams,

We are devastated to hear of the passing of Brad McQuaid and are eternally grateful for the EverQuest Universe he was instrumental in creating. His effect on all of us, the gaming industry overall, and fans of EverQuest and RPGs is immeasurable, and been lifechanging for so many.

Continue your great quest, Aradune. May your next adventure be even more grand than this one.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Holy , this is unreal. The man had such a huge impact on my life with Everquest, for better (and to be honest,) for worse too, but I wouldn't trade anything for it. I hope his legacy continues through Pantheon and within Everquest.

Maybe Daybreak could, in the future, create some sort of memorial for the man.
    Cazmac and Skuz like this.
  16. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Brad, you were quite the visionary to help bring Everquest to life. You touched the hearts and souls of people all over the world and guided them into the worlds you created. Thank you for sharing with us your passion and love. You will be missed.
    Cazmac, Gana, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  17. Vylense New Member

Rest in Peace Brad.

Next TLP server named Aradune or we riot.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Rest in Peace Brad. Very unexpected and a huge loss for the MMO community both past and present. As others have said we all owe Brad a huge debt of gratitude for everything he did with EverQuest and even the positive things he did with Vanguard.
    Cazmac, jeskola, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  19. Alekzandre Augur

Brad passed before being able to complete Pantheon..Sad indeed! I know he brought me much joy in what he created..I can never repay that :(
    Cazmac, Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  20. Maedhros High King

Sad news. RIP. Thanks for everything Brad.
    Cazmac and Skuz like this.