A reality check for these forums regarding TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hasn't Pantheon been coming soon for a long time?
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Leaked footage of Pantheon coming to crush EQ
    [IMG]
    Duder, Sheex, Tachya and 3 others like this.
  3. Tachya Elder

Pantheon can't crush EQ; Asheron's Call already crushed EQ 20 years ago ;)
  4. MMOer Augur

;)
  5. SunDrake Augur

That user also has a thread presently going over on the P99 forums asking them to release Luclin. To give you an idea.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Sounds like quality ForumQuesting to me. I'm almost proud of him.
    SunDrake likes this.
  7. Rothj Augur

I need something to do while regening my mana
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh, the irony.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Nice one. :p
  11. Sikkun Augur

EQ TLP Players:
    Classic sucks I’m sick of starting there.
    Kunark has no content.
    Velious raids are too slow.
    Luclin aa grind is too slow, bazaar ruins the economy.
    PoP ruined my life, “instant gratification”.
    GoD is weird.
    OoW give me a classic server, that was the only time the game was good!

Starts over on new TLP
    Classic sucks....
    Montag, Hdizzle, Funky and 2 others like this.
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You seem to be omitting a lot of whining about numerous other things. But overall, pretty close. I’ll give it a 7.5/10
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Efr3 Journeyman

coirnav is the best TLP because it has classic exp gain and its not pop locked. accelerated exp gain helps me get to high level faster. I DONT WANT HELP GETTING TO HIGH LEVEL FASTER. i also want to start my characters in the original starting areas like in 1999. I DONT WANT TO BE CLUSTERED INTO A NOOB STARTING AREA. i dont get any special armor or handouts to help me get started. I DONT WANT ANY HANDOUTS TO HELP ME GET STARTED. i think you get the point im trying to make here. thank you for reading.
  14. Tymeless Augur

I started on phinny late in kunark. I started raiding mid velious and played all the way into DoN before real life got in the way. I didn't like playing catch up when i got back. I moved to mangler and played classic and kunark raid game for the first time in era. I'll never ever do that again. I will never start on a server again if it doesn't start in velious or later. I honestly don't ever want to experience velious again either other than maybe seeing sleepers tomb before the awakening. I'm riding mangler out as far as it will go and most in my guild feel the same way. I'm sure the majority of guilds on the server have more that feel that way than not. Then there are a group of our players that only want to play with their friends they don't care where. There is honestly only a small part of the population that are classic-pop purist. Most people just want to play with friends and be relevant and not playing catch up.
  15. Machen New Member

Virtually everyone on Phinigel said the same thing, and yet here we are with only a small handful of guilds left.

The reality is that it is a LONG journey to go from classic to live on a TLP. Even a super fast tlp like selo spends multiple years in the journey, and servers like Phinigel and Mangler take something like seven+ years to progress all the way. That's a long time for players to remain active on one server. Especially without taking a break (since most players who take breaks seem to come back and feel they are too far behind to catch up and move on to something else.)

It is very likely that the vast majority of players currently playing on Mangler, probably 90% or higher, will be doing something else four years from now when Mangler reaches the point Phinigel is at currently.
  16. Bailen Augur

Maybe they should quicken the pace of unlocking expansions after they get past those early expansions that people love the most. Say open a new one every 4-6 weeks instead of 3 months?
  17. Machen New Member

Then you run into the problems that selos is having. People burn out at that pace.

The bottom line is that 26 or 27 expansions is a LOT of content that takes a long time to experience.
  18. Gana Augur

Maybe they should bottle expansion releases by max levels. Do 3 months, but release them all. It would certainly help the gag reflex that level 70 induces...
  19. Machen New Member

The problem with this is that you basically end up with PoR for 3 months and miss out on OoW and DoDH, both of which are far superior expansions. Apart from epics and gearing alts, PoR gear trivializes the earlier expansions' gear.

Personally I'd rather see them release OoW, then DoN+DoDH together, then PoR+TSS together. These are the only expansions in the entire progression lineup that I think make sense to bundle (apart from the obvious, Ykesha and LDoN). You would definitely not want to release SoD+Underfoot together for instance. Maybe, MAYBE a shortened TBS since it's a small amount of content, but it should have at least a little time in the limelight.
  20. DeseanJackson Augur

The problem with that is that a lot of the post PoPower content is pretty cool, if you’re willing to actually give it a try. There is a fair chunk of people unwilling to try the post LDON expansions, either because of lack of knowledge or jaded memories of the live run throughs, but some of them are pretty cool.
    Oakenblade likes this.