Returning to EQ 1 after many years, Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chris76, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Chris76 New Member

Hello all
    Yea it's been many many years since I played last. I am in the process of emailing support to see if my old account can be recovered.

What I did is try to log on with my old email and it sent me password reset so I do have my old Account name but it asked me for a secret answer to my question favorite book or movie which I failed on 3 times and locked me out.

My questions is while I wait for customer service to get back with me is this normal what's happening to me to get locked out? If I provided a Account name and at least 1 character I know I had on my old acct and the associated email on that account can it be recovered without the secret answer?

I really hope this is the case because this is a very old account and it would be shame to lose it.

Thanks
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Getting the answer wrong 3x causing the account to be locked is normal, it's a fairly standard security measure.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Follow the steps here https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

You may have to make a new account to do so but on the good side you can start that new account in the tutorial free until you get the other back. At least this way you can catch up a little.

Not to be rude but most people forget they made numerous accounts or forget what the pw or user name is and then there were the server merges where they (Sony or DBG) may have put an "X" on the end of your name if someone else on the server merger had the same name. You may have been trying to sign into someone else's account but support should be able to get it straightened out.

Good luck and WB!
  4. Chris76 New Member

I am the type of person that plays one character at a time, no multiboxing or crazy stuff. Back then I could only afford to play one account.

Also I never on any game in my history of playing games own more than 1 account so this is not possible. I know a lot of people don't play that way anymore but I guess I am just old school. As far as my name having a x beside it, not a big deal, yes it would suck but I am more interested in the account itself. So I hope your right that I can recover this.

Thanks
  5. Alekzandre Augur

Many, many people have come back and logged in with their old accounts after 10 plus years, so yes, you should be able to login and use your old characters. Some characters may not be transferred on a server merge if very low level and have not been logged in for a period of time IIRC, not sure on the specifics here.

If you have issues, they will make you answer questions and prove it is you. This is good and protects you.

Good Luck and welcome back!
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was not suggesting you multibox or make numerous accounts. The suggestion about making another account is simply for the need to be able to contact support. Which you cannot do if you cannot get into your old account due to not knowing the secret question. It is even part of the steps listed.

So how are you contacting support? Phone support is long gone.