Anyone have ridiculous lag on fire raids?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

My ping is normally around 50 to 100 MS on raids, but spikes up to about 900 MS on the fire raid. This normally happens around the table area before the first mini, and around the bridges before the general.

I can correct the issue by zoning. The funny thing is that my box running on my second computer (at the same time as the raid) has a normal MS of 50 to 100. This is the only raid I am having lag issues with, does anyone have any suggestions? I am going to have to skip this raid if this continues.
  2. Zamiam Augur

can you turn down the graphics ? spell effects , turn off PC names and pet names and such ? might help reduce lag ..

you say you have a second box running on a different PC is it sharing the same ISP connection ? are you on wifi or hard lined ? have you tried just running your main in raid without the 2nd PC going ?
  3. Tappin Augur

I play both on a wired connection and Wi-Fi. Does not matter what one, the result is the same. I have my graphics on low settings with recommended enabled and turned off for the GMM raid (don’t have lag there).

It’s weird that zoning corrects the issue until we move from mini to general. Once I am at general, I have zone again (camp out and in).

I thought it was because of internet connection, but now I don’t think so anymore.

4. Vumad Cape Wearer

My bad one was Aalashai. It ended up being a minimized spam window. Crazy bug right? Instead of minimize i just dragged the corner of the window to make it tiny. No more lag.
  5. Tappin Augur

I have supported all the changes to the chat windows, but if this ends up being the case, I will retract everything I have said.

Sigh.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

While it does not generally affect me, others have recommended /clearall before starting an event may help.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Was the whole window minimized or was it a tab on a window?
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The windows in question were before tabs and I have not reconfigured them since tabs were implemented. I have 3 windows labeled melee spam, spell spam and other spam. All 3 of these windows were minimized using the circle on the top left of the window.

I have crashed when I have attempted to un-minimize these window in the past so I set them and forgot about them.

Until I was dropping from my standard 60+fps world wide to 8fps in raid on Aalishi. Someone mentioned the minimized window lag. I expanded all 3 windows and then manually minimized them back down to as small as they would go. I now get 40+ FPS in Aalashi with no other changes. My performance in other raids has improved as well.
    Derka likes this.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Okay cool thanks for info. I am running tabs with spam split in them so might have to try that. My lag is off the charts sometimes.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If any of you are on Windows 10 do go in and tell Windows Defender to bugger off when it comes to EQ. Defender will scan every line you write to your log file if you are running /log on.
  11. Tappin Augur

I put all my spam in chat tabs in one window and the non-spam in a window. I have them minimized for screen space. I move split them apart and did minimize them and to my surprise, only 1 small lag spike.

I guess I have eat my words here.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You move split them apart? What does this mean?

You did minimize them? Or you did not minimize them?
  13. Zamiam Augur

If you right click on a tab you can select "Detach tab" and it moves the tab into a new window of itself. or you can combine windows or move tabs from one window to another by "move tab to window" then gives selection to which window you want to move said tab to or vise versa with a window ..

you can minimize a window by clicking the o on upper left corner or you can drag the window from the corners to minimize it down to only the border shows ..
  14. Tappin Augur

I keep all my spawm windows together as tabs. Then I minimize them to clear up some space. To fix my lag I detached the spam windows (so each tab is now a window) and then shrunk them down fo space. That seemed to correct my lag issue, but sure why that was the case.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Trying this next raid. I have no clue why the hell I am getting lagged out on every raid that there a burn portion. It has been going on for the past two months for reasons I can't fathom. I have also decided to hide everything not associated with my group. Screwing with the graphic settings did nothing. /Fingers crossed
  16. Cuuthbert Augur

2 Ideas that might help.
    1. Delete your log files just prior to the event starting
    2. When you are getting lag try doing /clearall - This will clear the text from all windows.

Also if you could get your raid force to put on AFK and if you hide all afk players and pets cuts down on what you see. I know we do this for a couple of the raids that have historically had a lot of lag. Doomfire, GMM, Mearatas for example
    Jiggs likes this.