Newbie on mangler ...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Nov 16, 2019.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

Just wondering how i can get equiped, i have some minor pp ...

Steamfont is empty, till level 5 it was fine i could fine yellow easily. Since 6 i moved to the 8-10 area and mob are 8-10, i managed to kill a level 10 aviak but later i got killed.

May be i should move to GF to find people.

As far as i remeber the trip to EC tunnel for thinks are sold is rather long.
  2. Machen New Member

If you want to buy stuff in EC tunnel, you can create a freeport human and use the parcel vendor to move stuff back and forth between toons.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

Buy a krono, and sell it in game for plat. It will give you a great start, but won't buy so much as to make you feel stupidly OP (that takes a few krono =P)

Unless you're super committed to playing everquest *clean* or however one wants to phrase it, the above advice will help you immensely starting out.
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

Well i m more used to buy Krono, but i could do an exeption. But actually i m not sure that i can play, i read on chat that Luclin would be out in a few days. this means that PoP is getting close, and 90% of the player won t play past PoP or GoTD. On Phinigel my shaman stopped at 68 and Phini is likely to be empty by now.

May be i should simply wait for the next slow TLE.
  5. Machen New Member

Sure, you stopped playing at OoW so everyone else must have too.
    Oakenblade likes this.
  6. Hinastorm86 Augur

The population slowly falls after PoP yes, but the so-called "PoP cliff drop off" is an exaggeration. I've seen some data on these forums that shows that servers were only losing one or 2 guilds out of 20 per expansion after PoP. That is not a massive drop off by any means.
  7. Alekzandre Augur

Not true, only an opinion being rustled about by those wishing to support what they want.

Also things become nore no drop, not as much tradeable end game gear to sell, so the people into that are not as populous..which is good IMO

To answer your get equipped question. You really don't need to buy any to level, just get drops. You may want to, and I understand that, but you do not need to. I recently started on Mangler and had no problem getting a group most times. Also there has been an influx of people, probably from the p99 green. yesterday there were 3 picks in Unrest when I was there.

Join a good guild, group when you can, solo farm pp. The game is exponentially easier now than it used to be. There exists no need to rush.
  8. nostalgicfool Augur

Still wondering when is the next TLE, i may rather wait since my favorite content (classic-> PoP) is almost over, at least for most of the population.

And i don' t like massive twinking, but by getting equiped i mean basic jewelry or something better than cloth armor for level 1 mob or than my cracked staff ;-|)
  9. nostalgicfool Augur

I m not sure about post PoP gameplay.

It seemed to me that from then on all mob are hiddeous 60 feet high horrors that run above sow speed, are unsnarable unrootable, mitigate slow massively and have such high resistance than you need a full debuf chain to land anything. And i m speaking about the regular xp mob, not about raid mobs ;-)
  10. nostalgicfool Augur

Did so tunnel was totally empty, nobody there.
  11. Machen New Member

I guess no one wants to play content past Kunark these days!
  12. Stratka Lorekeeper

Make sure you weren't put into a pick. That happens a lot with low levels going into CL. Tunnel should be crowded until Wednesday.
  13. nostalgicfool Augur

Forogt about that,i was in pick 1 , main zone had 120 players.
  14. Jarjarboo New Member

Ya its really annoying, and then you pick over and get pushed to the succor point as well.