LDoN Layout Demystified

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Uuvin Augur

For Takish-Hiz

The Balancing Chamber - Lord Pasreet*
    Bartleby likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sullon bless you Goodurden.

[IMG]

Rujark - Arena of Chance was the biggest cluster**** of the achievement with the last 2 named taking me around ~200 failures alone, followed up by Mistmoore with 2 instances having an extra 3(4?) mobs that aren't part of the others, though with a much smaller total rare pool and 2 instances to work with wasn't nearly as bad. Miragul/Takish were very easy for me because I did them during a double rare event otherwise I expect each would have been around double the number of fails to complete.

Out of the 656 failures I saw:
    4 Rare named up ONCE
    5 Rare named up ONCE

Maybe with a double rare mob event you could theoretically see 6-7+ per instance provided it is one of the zones with a deep rare pool (excludes Guk/Miraguls).
    Orbital101 and Prathun like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why didn't you just take 30 seconds to kill X mobs so you didn't have 656 failures? =P

Plus, all those wasted tradeskill drops!
  4. Mithra Augur

It's more like 15 minutes a run cause we're level 75 on Phinigel.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ive done close to 200 (192) and I got all the hunter in ruj series for all other places but arena which im missing 6 named mobs. Bloodied harrower, Captive coin bleeder, Famished hound, Murdering slave, Steelslave infiltrator, Steelslave trader. Named seem way to rare and there have been times where I got no named at all in mission. I totally kill everything do hard and kill count. Just unlucky too? don't play wiz anymore but will prob be doing these eventually on my ranger. Just seem when I did get named it was for the other zones and not the named specific to the arena.

Andarriel
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im the reverse even if I had finished a certain hunter area I still finished the mission lol. I just hate to me one of those people with 500+ losses. my 741-16 with those 16 when ldon was current lol. Arena is pissing me off as I got 6 named I cant ever get and I got all the other ruj. hunters done /shrug.

Andarriel
  7. Orbital101 Augur

I dint bother figuring out a pattern when I did my exploration achievement nor did I knew there was one other wise I wouldn have had those 500 fails lol.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Your a beast dude, grats.
  9. Kolani Augur

Arena of Chance was the most difficult Rujurkian map when it was current content, it's nowhere near that rare, my groups seemed to get it 3/4 of the time we had to do Ruj.
  10. Kolani Augur

I just completed LDoN explorer using the front page, bumping this for friends who are doing it.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Yep, also useful for Explorer. :)
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Bumping this back up on request
  13. Xanadas Augur

Did you ever look at/fix the issue with: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7166

... where many people failed to get the third chest to spawn? I too tried this LDON on Ragefire maybe 6 months ago and ran into the same problem. One of the final mobs wouldnt spawn/despawn (I forget) but ultimately led to only getting 2 of the 3 chests.

From the post :

"Currently, the Venomous Spider Guardian is bugged, and Researcher Kallinsa does not despawn. I believe this is the reason that I cannot get the third chest to spawn (Venos` Frozen Chest). "
  14. Natal Augur

It takes longer than 30 seconds to gather up enough mobs to make the kill count.
  15. Kolani Augur

Selos and go, ripo everything down.
  16. Brohg Augur

same experience, got the explorer paired with collect 26 hearts

OOP, just got Balancing Chamber with Lord Pasreet boss, too
  17. Brohg Augur

This is now Dierdri the Raven!

Madakan mission now fixed
  18. Bartleby Journeyman

Also chancellor Etometh
  19. Lianeb Augur

4 Posts down from the original post