Name Claimers............*barf*

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Zinkeh Augur

Lol...what is up with folks claiming names for chars and yet never using them / logging on? I've tried like 20 names now for a new char on Mangler yet have never, ever........ever.....ever....seen these people on yet the name is in use?!
  2. Zinkeh Augur

So if you're sitting on a name you have zero intent to use......maybeeeez delete?
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler is about to hit luclin so there's plenty of people already burnt out and quit. You could probably still get a good name on miragul though.
  4. Alekzandre Augur

Not true really, many of us are just starting here.
  5. Dailor Augur

People trying to claim “claimed” names... *barf*
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You can't have Legolasxxnaruto sorry, I'm saving it for my bazaar mule.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Zapsos Augur

Some people like their name and the reputation they've build and don't like the idea of someone else running around with "Their" name on another server, so on day 1 they logon to claim their name and never touch the server again.
    Bardy McFly and xmPradah like this.
  8. Xeris Augur

I claimed a bunch of names... Cuz I plan on making alts and stuff in the future.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

What name are you looking for, and how many Krono do you have?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I was sad that Rasper was already taken on Selo when I joined during PoP.
  11. Zanarnar Augur

WTS
    Legolas - 200 Krono
    xxLegolas - 20 Krono
    xxLegolasxx - 2 Krono

=P

For real, if your thinking if playing on a server, log in day one and make a character with that name. This is how I save mine for the servers I plan to play on, but have to wait for 3 expansions to pass to do so. Sorry bout your luck, but its also a chance to get creative and come up with a new one.
  12. Machen New Member

Have you logged into every server you've played on and deleted all the characters you will probably never use again?

Just curious.

I doubt anyone does that.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Thinking you own any name in a fantasy game where other people play. :rolleyes:
  14. Fluid Augur

hehe, metagame. Not my first RPG character, just one and I've had for a while. Circa 1980s there was an adventure gaming company called Rainbird. In one of their docs they had the phrase ~create your alter ego. I looked at that and thought it would be cute to add W's and thus Walter Wego was born. I was the first RPG player in my family so I brought a lot of people into the genre. It makes maybe 35 years I have been using that character name. There is still maybe a dozen people in my circle of friends and family that would recognize it immediately if they bumped into me in game. Unfortunately none of them are currently playing EQ.

Walter isn't that buff in EQ. I think he is only about level 70. You would have a tough time prying my cold dead fingers off the name. :) Understand I only have one in all of EQ and it is on Tunare so not like there is a lot of competition for the name there. I don't find Wizards that much fun to play in EQ so there he sits.

Back to metagame. I think I tried to create another Fluid on Mangler first week it was open, name taken. Go figure. I mean it would be nice to think I picked a name 20 years ago that was so great, Fluid the Druid, that first minute Mangler was open dozens of people just had to snag the name. I just don't think so. Easier to believe I got someone P.O.ed in the forums or game and they decided Fluid shall not pass by wasting his name in one of their slots to never be used. I am OK with it. I just picked another name. Fluid is kind of a sophomoric pick anyway, I need to grow up some. :)
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

It's Ducreux-gate all over again. ;)
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

You know you've struck a chord when people take the first thirty seconds on a brand new server to steal your name...
  17. Jarjarboo New Member

I mean it happens on every server.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

LOL, hes STILL selling Krono too. I think by most squatting laws it's his name now.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Through adverse-possession laws I was able to (legally) acquire some very high value names. Fortunately, what I lack in real life hard skills in no way impedes my MMO success.
  20. phaeril Augur

The servers were surprisingly stable at launch for mangler, with my 6 accounts I was able to claim like 30% of the names one guild had in a spreadsheet on their discord. I actually did it for the common good, hoping some day they will let people reserve names ahead of a crazy launch days. JK, I just thought it was funny.

Stop aspirating on your barf and get over your name.
    Ghaleonagas likes this.