A reality check for these forums regarding TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Nolrog Augur

Exactly. Far too many people think that I don't want means no one wants and they self appoint themselves speaker of the masses, when nothing could be further from the truth.
    Skuz and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Let's not forget the social reasons that cause people to leave.

Player A has been playing for 2 years straight and gets burned out. Player B always plays with player A. So when player A leaves, player B leaves as well. Player C is good friends with players B and D. Player D has attention issues and always makes a dash for "new shiny". So when Players B and D leave, player C follows player D to the new shiny. Players E and F just watched a lot of friends leave and they leave too. And it's a domino effect.
    Tymeless, Skuz and Iyacc like this.
  3. Rothj Augur

Try looking at actual players online. Why is selos low right now and mangler high? why is miragul low right now and mangler high? Why is agnarr low? Why is phni low? Pointing out the number of raid guilds is basically irrelevant.
  4. Rothj Augur

How many more variations of tlp's will we need to go through to see this is the case? Please make an excuse for me why selos and miragul have significantly less players online than mangler right now even though they came out at the same time or after. And don't say something idiotic like kronos please because if the other two servers were popular "kronos farmers" would go there.
  5. Machen New Member

It's worth noting as well that GoD on Phinny exactly corresponded to Agnarr's launch too, so if all those players really wanted to play only classic-pop content, they had a brand new server option with just that content to switch to.
    Tymeless, Skuz and Finnster like this.
  6. Machen New Member

And yet the population on Phinigel didn't suddenly drop after Gates either.
    Tymeless and Skuz like this.
  7. Machen New Member

Do you have data for actual players online?

From tracking general chat populations over the seven years I've played TLP's, they typically track pretty close to the number of raid guilds. Both numbers pretty accurately model the rate of attrition. Not everyone on Phinigel was in a raid guild, but the percent of non-raiders leaving the server was very similar to the percent of raiders, in any given expansion. And the VAST majority of players were in those raid guilds.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rothj Augur

Under server status it shows which servers are high or low pop. It also changes throughout the day, so sometimes a server will hit high during peak hours and low during off hours. right now mangler is still hitting high pop during off peak hours which is insane and I haven't seen any of the other tlp even hit medium.

also selos started as high pop the same as mangler but must have died at some point in the past 6 months
  9. Machen New Member

Phinigel was at high pop at points well past GoD.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. DeseanJackson Augur

All TLP servers lose population as they go. Selo lost people because of the rules not being what some prefer. I agree with others here, you may not like EQ past PoP, but a lot do. Nice try trying to make us all agree with your viewpoint though, you almost had me, except classic servers suck to a lot of us.
    Tymeless and Skuz like this.
  11. Rothj Augur

So what rules on selos do you think killed the server? curious on this.
  12. Machen New Member

A lot of players like the idea of one month unlocks with super fast xp, shorter raid lockouts etc, but very few can actually keep up with that pace. It's a recipe for burnout.
  13. Rothj Augur

Okay so we made one tlp to kill the forum posts asking for faster unlocks and super fast exp, let's make one starting at serpents shrine so we can get rid of the post PoP advocates.
  14. Machen New Member

I thought there weren't any? Get your story straight. If no one wants to play post pop, there shouldn't be anyone asking for servers that go past pop.
  15. DeseanJackson Augur

I think the issue is your perspective of what makes a server dead. As someone who plays on Selo, it may not be high population but that doesn’t mean it’s dead or have an active population. As for why it wasn’t as popular long term, speed of unlocks probably but I don’t see any issue with having servers that are geared towards other play styles. As much as you want classic or some early themed server, I want the opposite. I’ve done classic a couple times and find anything pre velious just dull.

Also, there are a lot of people who are completionists and want full BIS before the next unlock. Selo doesn’t really allow for that, which some people are uncomfortable with, but I’ve found it a nice change of pace to not have to chase everything. I enjoy seeing new stuff and what else EQ has to offer.

I would lump AA/exp into that, but the exp rate on Selo is nuts and so far a none issue.
  16. Rothj Augur

There are always people on the forums of any game or website advocating for something that no one else wants. Those people won't actually play.
  17. Machen New Member

And yet there were enough people to fill fourteen guilds playing in TSS on phinigel, and six or eight guilds right now on Lockjaw and Ragefire. But you're right, no one will actually play.
  18. SunDrake Augur

P99, Agnarr, or Mangler. Are the best options for the gameplay you seek.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Am I the only one thinking the obvious?

Pantheon is coming soon so if dbg wants our money they need to get serious!
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Soon(tm)