P99 Green is what real EQ should have done...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Face_Rollan, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It's pretty easy to not notice anything if you're not paying attention to it.
  2. Rothj Augur

Exactly my point. If you are talking about rmt on p99 you probably tried to do it.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

What I said was worded very deliberately to be very general and apply to numerous facets. If the reader (whoever that may be) sets aside confirmation bias and considers it for a moment, maybe something else can be gained from it.
  4. Rothj Augur

I'll simplify this for you. In game on p99, no one talks about gm's being biased or there being an rmt problem pretty much ever. No one talks about rmt other than don't do it or you'll get banned. On p99 forums, there are never undertones of it or random trolls trying to expose rogean. If it was all such a huge problem like you're trying to point out, there would be a lot more signs of the p99 player base taking notice don't you think?

In reality, the only place I hear about how "bad" p99 is, is conveniently on these forums where people are looking for an excuse to pay daybreak 15 dollars a month.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It seems like you're not paying any attention to anything I'm saying. But thanks for "simplifying it for me" I guess.
  6. Machen New Member

No one needs an excuse to pay the creator of the game to play the game. If anything, players that steal from the Everquest IP by playing on P99 are the ones that should be looking to excuse their behavior. Daybreak may allow it to go on, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still theft.
    Tachya and Genoane like this.
  7. Rothj Augur

You're saying "look past the veil and you'll see" or something along those lines. My counter to that is there would be a lot more undertones of it even if p99 was censoring somehow, but there aren't.
  8. Rothj Augur

Yep, this is where it actually all comes back to. People wanting to feel morally superior in some way for playing the garbage game that daybreak has given us.
  9. Machen New Member

Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.
    Raptorjesus5, Tachya and Oakenblade like this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

They have had more than 1 well-exposed scandals involving RMT and GM's. In fact, didn't another one happen just this year involving a GM giving away items while courting a wood elf princess?
    Raptorjesus5 and PotatoPower like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The person mentioned on this thread (Rogean, different spelling slightly now I guess), is the originator of p99. He was a guild member of mine in Triality. He was banned from EQ years ago when he let it slip he was the person behind p99.

Was also deeply involved in RMT back then, so not surprising at all if true.
    Raptorjesus5 and PotatoPower like this.
  12. Rothj Augur

Somehow I find this story hard to believe. He let it slip that he made p99, and got banned from live? When has anything like this ever actually happened? He's also not the originator nilbog is, rogean is just the most prominent dev.
  13. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Well I don't think so. Some would make noise, some would just walk away. Looking at the Red99 population, I see that in prime time they have a population of - hmmmmm, 3, these days. On a good day.

But it's interesting, you seem unusually motivated. Your only other thread is one telling people there's no point playing Daybreak TLPs because they eventually lose interest in expansions past PoP. Almost like you got a stake in it.

But by the way having spent some time there, GM corruption / bias is far from a minor thing (Remember Amelinda, aka (Pay)melinda? And others. Say hi to Platlord for me, sitting on top of his enormous pile of money which he made using someone else's intellectual property. Say hi also to Roegan. Good luck with the new server I hope it's very profitable.
  14. Rothj Augur

Lol your accusation is so over the top it's ridiculous. I'm a level 30 on green that's it. I also play the tlp's from time to time(never past pop).
  15. Machen New Member

You are the strongest argument I've yet seen for requiring a sub to allow posting to these forums...
    Tachya likes this.
  16. Tachya Elder

I know right? Every night I lay awake, wondering how I can justify paying the legitimate owner of EQ to play their game, considering that I can play a mutilated rip off instead. I can totally justify paying $100+ for the Uranium or Plutonium EQ client from the middle ages instead, or maybe you can share a dropbox with the cracked pirate bay version that comes with convenient instructions to disable my virus checker. I already lay awake at night trying to find excuses to pay DBG, that's bad enough!
    PotatoPower likes this.
  17. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I can't wait to pay my $15 a month on multiple accounts, plus buy daybreak cash and other fun things, because of the superb customer service which DBG is becoming renowned for. Things like, if a mistake happens in detection software and people are suspended for cheating when they have a VM installed for other legit purpose, but weren't running the game through it, well if that happens you can be assured of caring DBG staff promptly acting to rectify the situation, with clear communication, apologies given when appropriate, and assurances that such errors won't happen again. And clarification of the rules for the rest of the players so that they too won't get caught up in this kind of mess in future. For these reasons I never balk at paying my subscription(s). I mean it's Sunday now, and some of us were suspended Tuesday, so when these week long suspensions end, I don't doubt they will see they have made a mistake and unsuspend these accounts.

I really appreciated how succinct and packed with information the email was that came with these suspensions. I didn't have to waste a bunch of time reading a detailed account of what was actually supposedly done - they saved me several seconds of reading time with just the word "cheating", and I was able to use that extra time in most productive fashion.

DBG has an edge in this industry: they care about their players. They won't just fire off a banhammer for no good reason and alienate players who were abiding by the TOS. Such things make for great peace of mind when investing so much time and money into your characters for the long haul.
  18. Bailen Augur

Super high demand/fairly rare drop means that it's going to be a long wait to attain no matter what method they use for deciding who gets the camp next, if what you want to do is give anyone a chance at it. It's just math. One drops every ten hours or so on average while X number of people want one and are willing to wait for the camp.

Only way to change this situation that I can see would be to change the drop rate and items like manastone are supposed to be rare.
  19. Bailen Augur

Exactly. It gives people who have put in the time pretty much a guaranteed shot at one of the legacy items. IMO that's about the best you can hope for with this kind of item. Only alternative would be to increase drop rates and these items are meant to be rare.
  20. Brunlin Augur

I seen you on Teal the other day, you were moving though Qeynos hills on a human monk.