Fired up an old toon on Phinigel last night

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shanarias, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Shanarias Augur

I played for five hours, from around 4:00 EST until around 9:30. There were exactly two short chats in General, and I initiated both of them. POK had a maximum of 24 people in that time, and I did a great deal of running around and zoning, leveling a 25 Druid. I also never encountered any players in any of the other zones I went through.

Sad.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I miss Sixyrim too.
    Bobbybick and Skrem like this.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

1) general chat is generally awful and most people don’t join global chat channels unless they have to, 2) PoK isn’t the AFK spot once Guild Lobby comes out, and 3) Phinny is old, what did you expect?
  4. Shanarias Augur

Guild lobby had a total of 7 people in it as well. Basically, it looked like one or two Raid Guilds were using it for a private server, and that the rest is ghost town. If that isn't a sad thing to you, then we must have entirely different views of what made this game great.
  5. Shanarias Augur

There were 124 people supposedly in General.
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

TLPs and 20 year old games just don’t work like that. Live servers have larger populations than aged TLPs, it’s just kinda how it works. As TLPs progress, new players become infrequent and don’t replace the ones that leave. If you want a crowd, see Mangler, but even that will be significantly less population by the time they get to where Phinny is.

I guess it could be kinda “sad” but I’m more surprised you seem surprised.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  7. Mithra Augur

There's over 30 in Shard's Landing right this minute. 141 in General.
  8. Nolrog Augur

There's 114 people in general right now, 6AM Saturday morning, US Eastern Time.
  9. Finnster Elder

I checked Commonlands tunnel on Phinigel. It's completely empty! This server is dead.