Best spot to power level a heroic character?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Mintalie Augur

Is it still Sathir's Tomb? Or Frontier Mountains? Or perhaps just go for Mearatas center? Don't care much if my main 110s get much xp, so long as the heroic levels the fastest way possible.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

1. If you have a Ranger/Rogue/Zerker then FM with any of those three duoing with the Heroic is the fastest. No Mercs.
    2. Sathir's Tomb if you can find a spot not camped 24/7 by the RMT bot armies.
    3. Howling Stones and Mearatas are about tied with Mearatas middle slightly better if there's more than just you in the group.
  3. Fire_Wiz New Member

4. Mintalie Augur

It will be mage + chanter doing the PLing.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

In that case I would suggest Howling Stones where all the 5 and 6s are on this map - there's plenty mobs in close proximity and I've never come across anyone in the spot. The top right corner of the corridor outside the packed room isn't 100% AFK safe but it's fairly close.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mintalie like this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Very detailed. Thank you!
  7. Tucoh Augur

Things to try:

. Share fellowship XP from your max level chars with your heroic chars to give them vitality.
    . Do a "double lessons" where you pop lessons on your max level chars while they are grinding mobs for XP to boost your heroic chars with vitality, then pop lessons on your heroic chars when they are spending the vitality. This is especially good if you get into an XP grinding group with some heavy hitters.
    . Try everyone's favorite mission, Gribbles. If you can do all three in a single lessons burn you'll get quite a bit XP, and you can use those marks of valor to at least get an introductory set of augs.
    . Frontier Mountains is easy to get to and you can usually find a camp.
    . Sathir's Tomb is the best XP in the game right now, but it's often camped and hard to get to. An enchanter can probably CC the two see-invis golems in howling stones and then you can double-invis to it.
    . Run The Darkness Howls a bunch of times with your heroic chars. It's good XP, but you'll be getting a wide variety of top-end group gear drops that can gear out your heroic chars nicely. If you don't have Jetsam of the Darkened Sea for your main yet, it's a good way to get it. I've had pretty poor luck on this aug. I've done that mission maybe 60 times and gotten 4 augs from it.
  8. Tiqou Elder

Isn't the XP caped per kill? With only a mage and enc PLing a level 85 maybe it's better to target low hp mobs in older expansions. Katta for exemple. Then with your level 85 leveling up and dps more you can change to newer zones as mentioned.
  9. Zamiam Augur

if the lvl 110's are close to max or max aa's and can handle ST and kill fast then there is no reason not to go to ST .. even if the heroic will only get 10% xp per kill thats still better xp if killing mobs fast..

now if it takes you a min or 2 to kill a mob then ya might be faster xp to hit a lower zone like FM ..
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Shameless plug:

11. Mintalie Augur

Were you level 105 when you made this video? Also, are you using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] (and not that which shall not be named)?
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

1) hmmm I can’t remember if I was 105, but it reflects my gameplay at 105, it was where I went to grind AA when 105 was level cap.

2) yes, I used ISB. Was fun :). (Now, due to family addition, I an on an EQ break)

Btw, it is possible to get a few more mobs if you stand on the ramp.
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I found Gorowyn 'run and gun' to be great XP. ST is good too, but its always camped.
    Mintalie likes this.