Curious... have the botters disappeared since the ban?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zippie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Derresh Augur

a robot got past the captcha, technology has gone too far.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

Or not far enough. Join us Derresh.

I mean..

Sup.. hey...totally human here.
    Shanarias and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Derresh Augur

Hmmm, Do I have to wear pants to join? If not then I'm in 100%.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

I will check with the motherbo...I mean... uh... my... human boss.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Interestingly, I've found that recent changes have gotten rid of quite a few botters in addition to most players.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  6. Alekzandre Augur

If they were banned, they were repeat offenders, not victims, and should have been. You are suspended on the first violation. They could have found multiple violations at once.

They are trying to do something. The first steps have worked, as evidenced by the posts trying to paint cheaters as victims.
  7. tofu stir fry Augur

sick of chiming in on this and i dont really care either way whos using VM or who isnt. truebox doesnt work regardless of it. what needs to be done is actualy having these devs log into the game and watch the overt cheaters one on one. policing these forums does nothing. although great entertainment, still not fixing anything!
  8. Alekzandre Augur

We are having an influx of players on Mangler.
  9. Alekzandre Augur

Pretty simple isn't it..well said!
  10. Sythrak20 Elder

Yeah drop $1k to play a 20 year old game problem solved! I understand the reasoning behind truebox but I feel like it would cost them less to just hire someone to observe the major botters and remove them since that's what people are crying the most about.
  11. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Couldn't have said it better.
  12. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Why would you need a $1k computer to play EQ?
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You'd want that type of computer if you planned to use VM to load up 12 to 40 boxes. :rolleyes:
    The rest of us not using VM waste like $50 - $100 per box.
  14. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Well, there are some good computer sales coming up for the people that were forced to game on their work computer while they did their jobs. You guys probably make GREAT money at home while playing EQ. /drool
  15. Sythrak20 Elder

I'm actually curious if you guys play on mangler since that's where it seems the majority of complaints are coming from. Is the mass boxing that prevalent or is it just a couple people 30+ boxing? On agnarr and coirinav it was literally 1 guy and his friend that I knew of that boxed a big enough force to raid on their own.

My server is getting older and the population dwindles pretty much every new expac/tlp to the point where if we all have to buy 6 computers to keep raids going it's more than likely just going to die out. There should be some sort of middle ground and a relaxing of the truebox rules at some point in the servers life (preferably after GoD). After that pretty much everything is instanced anyway so whats the point?
  16. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

On Mangler, I saw quite a lot of warps, far taunt & it was very easy to see who was using stick as well, since it's very obvious visually.

Most of what I saw were smaller groups of different people doing things they shouldn't be. I'd say 50 or so people I personally saw over the last month. No idea on the total # of players though.

I've personally seen a handful of my mates leave the game due to the cheating. Hopefully those that left because of this will come back.
  17. Sythrak20 Elder

That sounds more like actual cheating with hacks than a box problem. The biggest complaints ive seen about boxing is they hog up finite resources like camps and raids. If they're blatantly cheating with things like warping it sounds like a better fix would be to hire someone to go after them like I said in a previous post.
  18. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

If they are blatantly cheating, they are not going to be using 1 computer per account.

As far as boxing, I box up to 6 characters at a time, depending on what my guild/friends need. "Boxing problems" tend to be human character flaw problems. Doesn't have anything to do with how many toons you run.
  19. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I went through Siren's Grotto earlier on Mangler.

I was the only one in the zone.
    Zippie likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I play on mangler.

From what I can tell in the last couple of weeks and I don't visit popular zones anymore I've just been messing around. Here is the run down.

1. You have approx. 2 - 3 folks who are in the 40+ crowd of boxing / automation
    2. I'm unsure in siren's grotto if there is the 4 picks of 12 - 24 boxer in each still running. I haven't been in the zone in over 2 months. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    3. In the PL 40+ category you have 2 guys in 24 - 32 area one in velks and another that does a different shift with different characters.
    4. In the lower section you've got a few 12 - 18 box PL'ers that do sebilis and chardok
    5. Next comes the guys / gals making new accounts and selling them they are usually all 6 man automated group + 2 - 3 60's oog running buffs. They use an automated script with a far-taunt script and every character goes back to same spot. I'm sure you've seen a video. This maybe is 2 - 3 different groups running often. I've never seen usually more than 2 of these groups in a single day in various zones.
    6. Usually I hardly see any 12 man box teams.. the progression seems to be 2 to 6 boxers, then a huge jump up to 18+ and beyond
    I'm all for removing truebox if they don't enforce and just outright banning anyone that appears to box more than 6+. If that doesn't work removing truebox around POP seems to be a valid case going forward.

Most of the boxers I run into are 2 to 6 boxing, run by actual people which appear to have next to no automation, once you hit that 12+ show it's nothing but automation galore.

Just my humble thoughts. I box 2 to 6 just depending on what we need at times.