Curious... have the botters disappeared since the ban?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zippie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. GnomesRUs New Member

The concern is if they continue to use the same methodology that they used in this last wave. Because I run multiple VMs for things unrelated to Everquest, I may either need to buy a new system or quit this game for good.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Some accounts were hit with full bans and not just suspensions.
  3. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

I was referring to the specific person being talked about by the person I quoted. :p
  4. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Yep, you're right. You may have to.
  5. Alekzandre Augur

and don't buy any!
  6. Alekzandre Augur

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. I have only heard of suspensions, not banning. They have to suspend first though.
  7. LOL123 New Member

Not true. I know of a few full bans.
  8. dirtywoman New Member

Yes the first wave last Friday had some bans, the second wave on Monday (or was it Tuesday?) seems be to only suspensions.
  9. Frustration New Member

Which brings up another concern. One of my accounts was banned, 2 were suspended. I play these 3 accounts on my main PC. The other PC's I use do not have VMware installed. Why one account got banned, and 2 others suspended, and none of the others affected is a million dollar question. Considering I sent a message to the Community Manager around 36HRS ago and haven't gotten a response either means one of two things:

1) She's very good and is digging into the details and trying to be fair. Trying to provide instructions and directions on how to avoid suspensions, or what activity prompted these. I've provided system process lists, among other files and screenshots. I need to understand how my 4 day old account was suspended that simply was played on a PC that had VM installed on it. Are they just going to continue to ban accounts on this PC based on something I am unaware of?

2) She got bombarded with so many suspended accounts she can't keep up.

3) She won't respond and did it just to seem engaged. I doubt this one, but had to throw it out there.

You all say the terms and conditions indicate Daybreak can do anything they want, but I assure you, just because terms and conditions say something, doesn't mean it will hold up under the law. Not that i care enough to bring suit against them, but there seems to be some cases that have occurred for similar situations. The fact is, they flagged my account for "Using VM To bypass Truebox". The Reason they have stated is inaccurate and false. If they suspended my account based on this, then they should restore it based on it being inaccurate. I question how a lawsuit would hold up, or be allowed to proceed, if their "reason" for taking action against an account was not accurate.

There is real $ being paid for access to an account, or for items that are used on the account. When I purchase a set of bags for $30 and they ban the account a few days later without reason, it sure feels like you rented me a room, i paid for a month rental and for a bed, then you prevented me access from that room and bed for a period of time based on an unfounded accusation.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  10. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Stop calling him a woman, maybe you'd get a response.
    oldkracow and That0neguy like this.
  11. Frustration New Member

My understanding is that it's a she. I have read that in a few places. How about I say they , instead.
  12. That0neguy Augur

I think you are thinking of the previous CM Roxxly.
    klanderso likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

Getting my gender correct or incorrect will not cause me to not respond. Let's just say out of the 3 possibilities listed, it is not the third one.
  14. Koralin New Member

Less commenting about your gender, more unsuspending innocent accounts

deff a they,
    klanderso likes this.
  15. Frustration New Member

Hahah - Dreamweaver, I know. Im sure you have your hands full. I just saw someone correct a he to a she, an argument over a she or a he, but either way.. at least you have a sense of humor.
    dreamweaver and klanderso like this.
  16. Absor Developer

I'm pretty sure the word you want is "it"...
    code-zero, Zippie, Alekzandre and 6 others like this.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Can we get a %s check on Dreamweaver please.
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

bleep bloorp
    klanderso likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Let's be careful who whom what (?) we talk about here...
    [IMG]
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, if you got suspended this time, it's safe to say you should take your next paycheck from the company you play games on their VM laptops with and buy a new computer to avoid a ban.
    voidtek1969 and Alekzandre like this.