Curious... have the botters disappeared since the ban?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zippie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Zippie Journeyman

*** Please do NOT name anyone in this thread. Don't want to see anyone get a suspension for breaking the rules here ***

So, I'm just curious. Have the botters disappeared from the TLP servers since the bans started happening?

I ask because I don't play on the TLP servers anymore (due to all of the cheaters), so I am not there to see how effective the ban was recently.

Are the same folks still 24/7 botting the same old camps, or have they vansihed?
  2. Warpeace Augur

Maybe someone that was tracking server populations prior could answer. Only a hand full of servers are currently medium population (5), all others are low.

But its 7am west coast and 10 am east coast currently.
  3. Polekn Augur

How is Sirens Grotto on Mangler and Selo? Still occupied by bots?
  4. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I saw a raid capable bot army in kael yesterday, on Mangler.
  5. That0neguy Augur

So this ban really did nothing about bots. It seems more targeted at those who were bypassing truebox. Which is in of itself another issue. One that most people would agree is not nearly as problematic as the bots themselves. It also probably took more effort to runt his ban wave then it would of been to individually locate and ban the bots.

Last I heard most if not all the bots were still in place and doing fine.
  6. Nothappening Lorekeeper

Obviously mule admitted in the other thread that hes been helping DBG catch people using m q 2 on TLPS but this guy has evaded his "caught ya" code each time.

At least mule finally admitted to the masses that people have been using it. But for whatever reason DBG isnt banning this guy.
  7. That0neguy Augur

You are assuming that really is mule.
  8. Zippie Journeyman

Well that's just ... ugh ... At a certain point, you just shake your head, and stop caring.
    jeskola and PotatoPower like this.
  9. Nothappening Lorekeeper

Based on my experience, his code did have such to crash people that managed to make m q 2 work on phinigel and agnarr. It didnt stop many but it was there! Also from what I've heard he has helped dbg catch some people with m q 2 recently, but he clearly cant catch the main guy. I mean it should be easy enough for dbg to ban a guy based on all the videos we've all submitted but for some reason they dont. Warp, far taunt, bugging m q 2 nav pathing, opening locked doors with a monk etc. Perhaps hes the only one allowed.
  10. Xanathol Augur

The main botters on Mangler appear to be gone, but not their sellers (which is expected, since the first thing someone like that would do would be to isolate a 'safe account' for selling).
    Alekzandre and Nothappening like this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Oh yes 100% it has those things coded into it. But thats public knowledge at this point. Does he send info over to DBG? 100%. Still this guy isn't him.
    Nothappening likes this.
  12. Nothappening Lorekeeper

A safe account could just be a regular computer without a VM or M q 2. They're just flagging. If you petition then they look into you and would then connect the dots.
  13. KnightofTruth Journeyman

Curious, who do you consider a 'botter seller' someone who is selling the same items on the daily, or just someone that is selling 23982392 raid loots
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Neither. Both of those things can be done without botting. When the bazaar comes out look for the guy selling 10000 Deepwater ink. That's the botters seller account.
    HoodenShuklak, Duder and Alekzandre like this.
  15. KnightofTruth Journeyman

True, gotcha.
  16. Nothappening Lorekeeper

Really u just use tlpauctions and you can look up auctioneer's history and its easy to tell.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The guy I was going to buy the cleric epic from for a friend hasn't been on in a few days.... which is extremely strange since I would see him once a day selling multi-q's for epics. o_O
  18. Davo The Bard

One of my RL buds runs a large box army on one of the more recent TLP's ... he is probably one of the guys that everyone hates .. he makes a tidy income from EQ.

He has lost 6 of his toons for 7 days from this ban. Interesting thing is - he doe NOT use any VMWare on any of his characters, he just has loads of computers and uses "other tools" to control everything. His set up is fairly impressive and I know this for a fact as I have known/met this guy in RL for a number of years.

- in reality, the suspensions haven't even dented his capabilities.

Davo
    The Bard
  19. Meridian Augur

There were a few names I always saw in /auction when I was on my selling toon that I did not see last night.
  20. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

They are, afterall, just suspensions.