Loyalty Coins On Beta Impacting Live

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zurril, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Zurril Elder

My understanding was that Beta was supposed to be its own instantiation - that anything done on your Beta character shouldn't impact your live character.

I purchased some glyph of dragon scales on Beta from the loyalty vendor. While it didn't update right away, my live characters loyalty coin balance decreased after a period of time without purchasing anything from the loyalty vendor.

Is this intended because loyalty coins are attached to the account and not the character?
  2. Duder Augur

Pretty sure that's it. Likewise, I had always been told not to claim things out of /claim on beta, like the new mounts, etc etc. I have never tried so cant attest so the legitimacy, though, I could claim one of the old old LoN junk items I have. Check that, I will, will letcha know.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

IMO glyphs should be sold by old man Thorren.
    Funky likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, they should not.

You should never be testing content on Beta under a glyph. You will get a false impression of the event/mob/effect you are testing.

Beta is not there for you to win … Beta is there for you to test, so you can give appropriate feedback to the developers.
    Mazame and Duder like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I can understand that they dont want willy nilly use of glyphs on beta test, but glyphs WILL be in use when it goes live so wouldnt a real test need to also use glyphs?
  6. Zurril Elder

There is nothing wrong with testing with glyphs. We are prioritizing testing mechanics over tuning. The longer you stay alive, the more mechanics you are able to see and test. If it was purely testing tuning, then yes the argument could be made for seeing difficulty without glyphs.
    Drogba likes this.
  7. Mr. Froo Developer

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is what always bothered me about shrouding AA- it seemed it was taking AA from the main bank of them, although I know it didn't really work that way........did it?;)
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yes thats the thing. No one wants to spend their loyalty currency to test beta. But if you dont want glyphs being used to test raid mechanics, thats also a choice.
  10. Mazame Augur

Who would want to use glyphs when testing? if you use them during testing then the events get tunes towards the need for running them. IMO Glyphs should not be a requirement for raids but more as a bonus to help guilds over come area they are lacking.

The AA cap prevents you from using a glyph on every event in a cycle so again I would say when testing don't use them or they get tunes wrong.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok fair enough - so long as we are understood that raids should not require glyphs.
    Mazame likes this.