Has anyone had their suspensions lifted yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PotatoPower, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Yes I am trying to refute it because you have no way of knowing whether it was a single scan as a result from a message from a server or if it's something that has been built into the client to do everytime you log in or if it's set to do it once a week or over a period of months. You have literally no way of knowing which method they have implemented and so you deciding they have done it X way is incorrect. This could 100% be a completely manual method they run that sends a pulse on the servers they want to check at a specific time, there is nothing stopping them from implementing it that way and it's actually probably the easiest/simplest way to do it. You do a single RPC to the clients and you're done. No need to write a log file, no need to have it happen at a specific point during the load or connection cycle.
  2. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Makes sense, the easiest and dumbest way of doing this would be to check for processes by name. Of course this doesn't actually catch people running EQ in a VM because the VM wont be running these processes.
  3. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

No company is going to take any action from a single scan, and no company is going to set it up to do just a single scan before action is taken.

It does not matter if they do it manually or automatically. They WILL NOT take action after a scan. This is specifically why bans of this type are done in waves.

Regards
  4. xmPradah Not a dude

Not far fetched, actually. I was on during the suspension/ban - but I was playing on Live. I took a break from Mangler about 6 weeks ago so I could have easily missed several scans. I have VMware installed and have never used it to play EQ, or run any program that interfaces with EQ.
  5. That0neguy Augur

They aren't. They are searching for something a little different then that. But I assume as a game dev you have a good idea of what it takes to catch cheaters and what the registry is and the role that hklm plays for software.
    Clonkers likes this.
  6. Frustration New Member

Uhh Hi - One guy, If Daybreak told me what I did to earn the 7 day suspension I'd be more than happy to alleviate the situation. The issue is, I have no idea; and the only thing I can find that relates to others is that i have VMWARE WorkSation Pro installed on the computer that I use to access my two accounts that were suspended. Note, I said two accounts. I alternate between them based on fights or usage. If I was using VM - I'd have no need to alternate and now have two accounts suspended right?

One of the accounts was 4 days old. It has never even been close to a 3rd party application, a VM, or even have any duration on it to accrue any type of suspension worthy activity. I get that you think everyone is guilty here, and admittedly, I've earned a ban on another account in the past and learned a lesson.

If they tell me that the system processes associated with VMWare is enough to earn continual suspensions, that's fine. I will have to figure out something else to do in order to keep VMware on my PC - and meet their criteria. The issue is.. they are SILENT on what earned the ban besides "VM" or "Cheating".
    PotatoPower likes this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

I bet the thread gets locked faster than the suspension gets reversed.

Obviously they didn’t ban people using multiplicity or we would hear way more people complaining.
  8. Nothappening Lorekeeper

I wouldnt hold your breath for a response before the suspension is over. Plus with the volume of people they're surely backed up on replying to petitions due to limited staff. I heard they had lay offs last month.
  9. Frustration New Member

and after all of us "cheaters" cancel, they will have more. I've cancelled all until this is resolved. Not that i expect a suspension reversal, but at least clarification.
  10. That0neguy Augur

Right, of course they are not going to reveal how they are catching people. In what world would that make any sense? All that does is leak out information on how they are catching the cheaters. Who then go figure out how to avoid being caught again. It's a constant game of cat and mouse.
  11. Clonkers Lorekeeper

That's a better method. I find it strange then that of people I know who have been suspended legitimately it was the account running on the main PC not the virtual machine that was caught.
  12. xmPradah Not a dude

I thought they said the layoffs didn't impact the Everquest staff.
  13. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I would not take these posts and my growing frustration at the abuse from trolls as an indication of how I normally am or how I play the game. This is not a typical situation. I am not often falsely accused of things followed by arbitrary abuses of power. You're just doing the same behavior as that other guy, trying to fit in with the group and be accepted. (You even take it upon yourself to speak for "everyone" - damn dude, did you have friends in school? Finally, you're part of a group... don't blow it now.) You want me to beg and plead and squirm, to the group and to you personally, so that you can pat me on the head and say "just suck it up and take the suspension" and then move on to your next targets.

Like the others - and you guys are really all very similar, because you have the same personality disorder - you don't get the point of a person with principles being accused of something he didn't do, followed by arbitrary punishment. This kind of thing actually rarely used to happen, at least in the western world. It was one of the niceties that some of us still remember, a presumption of innocence, not an assumption of guilt (because of an accusation) followed by arbitrary punishment. The world you live in now is the new normal, and as long as you aren't the victim at the time, it's all fun to you. You also don't get that such things can happen to you, and that people who try to do things to prevent this happening in future are actually working to your benefit. That doesn't matter, you can't see past the pleasure you get from making a victim squirm or just enjoying their suffering. Your disorder is very, very common.

"Not helping myself" - maybe not. I got nothing better to do. I'd be chasing pixels across Norrath right now if I had my way, forgetting my troubles. Yeah, my life is not enviable. Yeah it's pathetic, actually. I'll admit I'm not one of life's winners. Could tell you stuff that'd make your skin crawl, but I'd hate to give these sociopaths too much pleasure.
  14. Frustration New Member

I don't agree. All they need to do is clarify if having VMWare installed, not actively running an executable that is running a VM, is a bannable event. They don't need to tell me how they are finding this out, they just need to clarify if THAT is the actual event causing the suspension.

You know, I play another game, PUBG, which also does scans. If I forget, and i leave my VM on when I play PUBG, The "BattleEye" will kick me out of my game and provide a warning popup identifying that there is VMWare active and it cannot be active. It doesnt suspend me, it doesn't ban me. I immediately close my VM and reload the game and I'm fine. This BattleEye software can determine the difference between an active VM being running vs the services related to allow a VM to run if I choose to run one. I think you aren't technical enough to understand the difference being eloquently described here.

I'm not asking for the suspension to be lifted at this point, as it's almost halfway over and I'm still up in the air on if I'll cotninue playing. I'm simply asking for a clarification as to what the rule is; VMware Can't be installed on ANY PC running EQ, VMWare cannot be RUN at the same time as a PC has EQ running, or VMWare cannot have any processes ( these run automatically upon system start) active while EQ is being run.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

If I was so outraged over being accused and punished of doing something I didn't do and if I felt that these people were abusing their power over me. I probably would walk away. But those are my values and morals. You obviously have different values and morals though and are fine continuing to work with those who would falsely accuse you of things.
  16. That0neguy Augur

But you already know this is not the case. There are plenty of people who have VM's up and running and installed that did not get suspended. So why do you need DBG to tell you what you already know?
  17. taliefer Augur

Are you gonna be mashed or baked ?
  18. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Does it matter? They can make hamburgers out of me for all I care.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow. I believe you were caught up in the suspension wave and weren't cheating. However, your caustic attitude towards everyone in this thread makes me think that karma got you, not VMs. Enjoy your vacation.
  20. xmPradah Not a dude

This thread is making me very sad. I don't get wth this turned into, and really hope (for once) dreamweaver shuts this down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.