The more I play P1999 Green the more I want a new classic TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Nov 11, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

Yeah the Fippy/Vulak merge was a screaming disaster that could have been real trouble if there'd been more than a medium size guild playing there at the time
  2. TheldranusAgnarr Lorekeeper

The next new classic TLP should be;

Truebox (and the farming bot armies should be hunted religiously, not like the that happens today)
    All items should be no drop (to minimize all the botting that happens on every TLP)
    BSTs and Zerkers available from day 1
    Three months per expansion tops.
  3. code-zero Augur

All items no drop means DOA server.

Now I don't really get what you mean by hunted religiously? Witch hunts? The Antonican Inquisition? Or will you settle for nerds exercising power trips?

Pretty sure that no classes will be released out of era, I mean anything is possible but seems like a waste of dev resources
  4. Chuuk Augur

Exactly... They play tiny roles or are just embroiled in gameplay that's too directed. I'll admit I liked the EoK essence of dragon thing though.

More customization is what I'm after... And customization in kind of a Diablo manner with skill trees... Not where you can just master everything if you have enough time.
  5. Face_Rollan Journeyman

The Mangler "slow" server should have been original release time table.
  6. Machen New Member

People who actually played through classic at double the speed of the original release time table hated it. It does not work without a full reversion to classic--slow xp, original player power--and without a full reversion to classic level knowledge of the game (a bell we cannot unring.)

DBG is clearly not going to do anything close to P99 Green, they won't even split their codebase which makes most of it completely a nonstarter.

That leaves you with best case scenario a classic that can be completely defeated, best in slot everything, in 3-6 months. Forcing players to spend a year there when they can do everything they need to do in two months, and everything they might conceivably want to do in four months, is not going to be successful.
    Face_Rollan likes this.
  7. Imbetterthanyou New Member

trying to get the last word overnight is lawl, so i take it away because, read name~
  8. Jimmy2times Elder

They left agnarr bc there is no one to play with. I would go there if there was more then 1 guy on the server
  9. Anker New Member

I went out to eat last week and the waiter really messed up my order. The wrong items came, some of our stuff went to the wrong table, etc. The lesson I learned - since he messed it up, being a waiter is clearly incredibly difficult - more difficult than I can possibly imagine and I should lower my expectations.
  10. code-zero Augur

Yeah because taking a food order in a restaurant is exactly the same thing as attempting to deal with 20 year old code and tables in a game. Maybe the next time you find a good server at a restaurant you should encourage them to put in their application at DBG since they've demonstrated their competence
    Machen likes this.
  11. MMOer Augur

These forums are as dead as Agnarr. Everyone playing Classic WoW still?
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

A slow server starting with Kunark, so we can play lizzies would be nice. I would also replace the xp loss by an xp debt that would vanish over the time.

Back in 1999 I died much more from a) internet failure (LD), 2) 10 K fall or by being trained that due do my own mistake or group mistakes.

Due to corpse run and xp debt people usually never went to Tower of Frozen shadow (corpses and keys on level 6, oh great) or similar areas.
  13. sumnayin Augur

I just feel like they missed the boat and should have started something related to classic with p99 greens release. If anything it would have grabbed most of the people that thought Green was going to be great and then released it was harder/more of a time sink than they expected.
  14. Elskidor Augur

Green/Teal works but yeah I'd love a few later features. What I do love about it is the devs actively stomp out cheaters and there's no Krono. I'd prefer to be able to box one character like I do on TLPs but I understand why it's not allowed. We do have way too many TLPs here and the most popular one is almost always littered with cheaters chasing Krono which ruins a lot of the fun.

We certainly don't need another server right now but I'd love some major changes on future ones.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Can't wait for the 21st anniversary TLP PvP Free Trade server they release that will be their way of proving nobody wants a pvp server OR free trade, calling it now.
    McJumps, Machen and code-zero like this.
  16. Bailen Augur

And slower leveling. It's about the journey!
  17. Efr3 Journeyman

relive 1999 on TLP server coirnav. it has classic experience gain like 1999!!!! this makes it far superior to the other TLP servers. everything that helps make the game easier or makes you gain levels faster ruins the game. the challenge of actually playing the game and not being handed everything to make it easier is what makes the game great. its why i love EQ. its unfortunate that there is a trend of the faster exp gain TLP servers. at least we have one server that is like original and perfect EQ. many people play on the p1999 server for the same reason im writing about here. we want original EQ with the challenge and original design that makes the game great. some people may want faster exp gain and thats fine but people like me wont play on easy servers. i dont want any help or boosting or free items or noob start area or anything. i just want to play the game in its original glorious state. TLP locked classic experience gain server coirnav is the closest thing to the game ive always loved. if they do make a new TLP at least make it standard exp gain,otherwise i wont be interested.
  18. Jontrann Augur

They have to do something different because people won't leave Mangler for Coirnav 4.0 especially if it has a slow exp rate and as we have seen with miragul people don't care about progression past pop. Honestly the only thing they can do is either a PVP, FV or non-truebox server and all 3 of those are basically DoA. Personally i think Mangler was the last real TLP server we will ever get.
  19. Brunlin Augur

I totally agree with this. I thought this was what they were going to do when they ran the event "Quarm". Quarm had achievements including getting a 50% xp potion for free for just making a toon, 1 potion to be /claimed on that server and 1 to be claimed anytime on any other servers including fresh classic TLPs that didnt yet have 50% xp pots in the market place. You could win rewards that you could claim on your account by earning achievements in game as well....and when Quarm was done they had a server set up where all the toons would be transferred so no toon would be deleted. I thought the event server was going to have more events etc, but that was in 2016 with nothing since.

They could easily do a classic event server that follows Agnaar rules, they can have rewards for creating toons on the server, and rewards for earning different achievements.....these would be account based just like in Quarm. When the server reaches POP and after a certain time to clear achievements, than the sever can wipe...all toons can be sent to Agnaar or the other designated server for event server wipes...and than the event server could reset after a period of time. To keep it fresh they could change achievements, rewards and even change rules up if needed. This would keep the peeps who love these classic fresh start grinds and they would not have to make another classic progression server again.

Not only would i love to see them do this for the classic launches, but they could also have another event server like quarm that could be set in different eras, with different account based achievements, different rules sets, pvp...non pvp...etc these event servers can be a game changer and keep the game in all of its forms and eras fresh.
  20. Efr3 Journeyman

so my last post was kind of premature. now i see that the population is pretty low on coirnav and so im joining in the flavor of the month on the 20th anniversary TLP server. its been a long time since i played but im glad to be back into it and TLP servers are my thing for sure. its also nice to see there's a high pop on the new server. ive had no trouble finding groups and joined a guild of 25 people on my first day in.