Bard Epic QoL

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sengir, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jyve Augur

Many. many. many times.

I get the hesitation on changing old items around, at least the later BP's became insta clicks, and whenever we get a rare bard clicky, they tend to be instant cast. For new items moving forward, can be implemented, tested, fixed, and power levels known.

But OLD items... I'm sure it'd be one of those "oh, it'll only take 5 minutes" that ends up "ok, bards are bust again, 3 raids we've had to perma kill the npc's that trigger the raids as the trash were using an epic effect, that now it's instant cast fills the logs and crashes the server and there's a % chance of characters being lost, and 3 coders are just heads down sobbing."
    Svann2 likes this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Plus 1 for dramatic effect!
  3. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Please address songs locking up with clickies just in general too please.
  4. Jennre Band Leader

Yes please
  5. Cuuthbert Augur

here is a fix to clickies locking up melodies....
    Use your socials
    /stopsong
    /pause 9, /useitem blade of vesagran
    /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    /timer 1800

You can do this for all your clickies just put in the pause so that it wait for the finish of the cast to start your melody back up. I put in a timer so that I get a visual reference for when it is available. While I would love all items to be insta click this should help you.
  6. Sengir New Member

That's the point of asking it to be instant, not having to macro like that just so it does not lock your spell gems. In general I don't mind manually micromanaging clickies and melodies. It's just the epic because we use it a lot compared to any other clickies. Also you are restarting your melody, so depending when you click it some songs will drop for a few seconds and delay your crescendos most likely. It works great for groups or boxed bards, for sure.
  7. Cuuthbert Augur

Well I am a main raiding bard not a box bard and I manage all my clickies with cast time on it in this fashion. Also having to restart a melody is that big of a deal one or 2 songs fall off for a few seconds. I would love it to be instacast as well. I was just offering a way to get around it. Also restarting a melody, happens all the time. For example mearatas, doing hallway groups, Have to cure myself so need to fire my Veneneum. That means I need to stop song cure myself and restart the melody for hallways. Losing a song or 2 is not that big of a deal compared to being song locked in a raid. I don't know how much pulling and CC you are doing as well. Have to restart those melodies there as well. I aslo know what the last song is in my rotation so when possible I will hit it after my Insult because I know that is my last one, therefore if I lose 4 seconds on my epic it will all be ok. I would say if you are raiding and not micro managing every aspect of your character then you are not actually maximizing your potential
    Elyssanda and Funky like this.
  8. Sengir New Member

I was not trying to offend or berating you, Cuuthbert. I apologize If it felt that way, english is not my first language.
  9. Cuuthbert Augur

All good Sengir. :) I really just wanted to help. I find the song lock annoying as well. Since I have made the socials it has all but gone away. They did improve the ability to hit /stopsong to unfreeze it. More than anything just wanted show an example of clicky macros if you did not have them because if you are like me I have over 50 clickies in the arsenal and a few are not instant. Also by learning to write the macros, it is a huge help if you have items like the The Lady's Entreaty to be able to tash a mob etc... and just keep rolling.
  10. Naturalist Lorekeeper

I do it the same way except I just have it /stopsong, hit epic and other burns and a group message. Then start my melody back up manually. I've gotten so used to it I don't see it as an issue, I also don't mind if they make it insta-cast'=)
  11. Sengir New Member

Your macro example is perfect, and I am sure it will help some new bard looking for answers in the forums.

I disagree with some of your points, which does not mean you are wrong.I see it differently, that's it.

As I said, it's just the epic that irks me. I am fine with any other clickies, and I even think it's fair we trade the ability to cast on the run with interrupting our melody.
  12. Funky Augur

that has got to be one of the dumbest suggestion/trade-off i have ever read... the fact that we use /melody to non-stop cast/sing songs, you would be ok not being able to move at all?....

oh man, tank moved the mob, lemme move here and restart my melody every 2.3 seconds...
  13. Sengir New Member

Ugh, sorry, my bad english acting again. I better shut up.

What I meant is I feel it is fair that we can use items while moving, but that forces us to stop the songs for a bit. Sorry for the confusion.
  14. ptah Augur

interesting.. I use the /stopsong system but i have 6 to 7 different melody hotkey saved so i hit 1 2 3 4 5 6 based what song was last as well. I often thought this just my ocd kicking up.. as i use nuke song nuke song nuke song mix 99% of the time? So in example suffering is 3 and was the last 4 is melody restart.

As I type this.. i would if not better off limiting myself to 4 plus nuke?

On cure duty does anyone find slow and does anyone use the tell system for targeting hotkey on bard cures?

Still questions myself in Hstat super min max build, atm i have 3 sets of augs. for Hsta, Hint, Hdex.. outside of raids its 99% Hdex.. but i love my mana.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

When I am on Cure duty, usually in wind at Feather, I focus mostly on my group and when I see who is hit with the curse I use my F# keys to target member of group and cure them. If out side my group I just end up typing /tar <first 3 letters of name>. Usually if bards on are cure duty in our guild it is, take care of you group. But I hardly watch chat so I watch my triggers that tell me who it is and I usually have them targeted before they send me a tell. The other problem I have with the reply target is if there 3 people I need to cure, and they all send a tell at the same time, last one wins and the other 2 have to keep spamming you.

For augs, my personal preference is Dex when it comes to Type 5
    For Type 8, I look at a mix of AC Dex and Agil: For example I will sacrifice some dex on an aug to gain AC.
    I looked at the Int myself some, but with my dex set up, I still get through an entire with my mana pool during a raid and I am the one usually pushing out sticks and stones so I have not seen the real need to crank my mana up.
    As far as Stamina set up. I am usually one of the last ones to die in a raid so, for me, I would only go stamina if I were falling over on raids.
  16. Funky Augur

lol yeah it is amazing that clickies are treated like songs and we can use them on the move.

my standard song set with nuke is nuke 1 2 nuke 3 4 nuke 5 6.... with that i never notice any songs falling off except maybe song 6 after clicking epic and BP depending on where at in the melody rotation stopped it at.. because of this i have my songs in order of importance... so song 5 R3 or Dekloaz (if a beast in group) song 6 storm blade... these do change often depending on my group makeup

i never use 2x nukes in a song rotation anymore unless there are 2 bards in exp group and we're trying to fire alliances or during raid and we dont have enough bards to fire off alliance.

as far as augs go, H-Dex is the way to go :D