EQ3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deckerd Smeckerd, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There are so many ways this could go pear-shaped and take the entire studio down with it.

Hard pass from me.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

My EQ 1.1 guess is that it will be an addition of mobile gameplay to the existing, managing adventurering stuff that can give in-game benefits, while being playable stand-alone, that is, without having an EQ 1 account, as well.

DBG was traded to a new owner that has a mobile gaming business unit last year, right?
  3. Sikkun Augur

Rights to mobile versions were sold with the creation of a new mobile game company. Little different than the entire company being sold.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Nantworks owns DBG, right? They restructured management and the like?
  5. Sikkun Augur

https://www.daybreakgames.com/press/daybreak-games-nantworks-joint-venture

Invested in the company and created a new join venture NantG mobile. Unless you have information I’ve never seen Nantworks didn’t buy DBG.

Controlling interest was giving to the new company for mobile versions as far as we are aware DBG proper still maintains controlling interest in non mobile games.
    IblisTheMage and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

ding ding ding, we have a winner.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would far rather that a new "EverQuest" game be a different genre of game, there was "Lords of EverQuest" back in the day, there could also be a Single-Player RPG set in the same world. Or how about a EverQuest themed "Day of the Tentacle" type game, maybe with more of a comedy lean.

I'd even pick an EQ multiplayer puzzle game or a 4-player Co-op a la Borderlands syle.

If those did well then invest their profits in revamping the original & best 3d MMORPG, this one.

I honestly think a revamped EQ 1 with a new engine could do well especially if the old character files can be read by it.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Ok, so Inception Aquisition is owner, and Nantworks has invested in EQ, and have the rights to produce and sell mobile EQ... thanks.
  9. Jimmy2times Elder

Lol. Seriously though.. or sell the IP please.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oh little one, are you lost?

Everquest 2 is over there -> https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php

We don't take kindly to the idea of EQ3 over here.

Because seriously? NO
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

Your name should be Jimmy3times. At least consider it.
    Axxius, Tucoh and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. Jimmy2times Elder

Ive woken up the old grumpy folks above I see.

MasterDingus
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

maybe a EQ2/3 forum how bout that ?
  14. Warpeace Augur

Would be better than producing a PvP TLP server.
    Metapsyche and Zippie like this.
  15. Sikkun Augur

There was an announcement, some gameplay footage, even a program that stole lots of money from people.

Then the company got sold, 4-5 rounds of layoffs, and it was officially cancelled.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Have to know your audience.

The 16th post in the veteran sub forum, which means it's on the first page, with its last post of YESTERDAY at 7:15pm is about EQ3.

That means your post is at least the second, but probably 4th active post about EQ3.

If you hadn't started a new thread, immediately following a new thread, you probably would have been better received. Or you would have read that thread and have realized that the idea is not as popular as you probably thought it was.
  17. Tucoh Augur

EQ3 would be a waste of money, resources and would harm existing products.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

People waiting for Pantheon... well its the next one of these, at best :p If it EVER comes out.
    [IMG]
    Dhurgan, Elyssanda and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Zippie Journeyman

OMG! A customer with money that loves the Everquest IP so much that he is willing to throw money at future game development. LyNCH HiM!!! GRRR BarK BaRk GRRR!!

/sigh

You people are scary with your lynch mob mentality.

This mentality of not allowing anybody to think anything other than what you think is one of the reasons that Everquest's actual paying customer base continues to shrink.

Eventually, there will literally be a handful of grumpy old people playing Everquest the day the servers are shut down for the last time, and it will be YOUR fault because you took every opportunity to run off paying customers JUST BECAUSE they didn't think exactly like you.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

No, we have a realistic mentality. If you want to see EQ3 so bad, write DBG a check for about 50 million and I'm sure they'll be happy to make it happen.

Think I'm being stupid and throwing out an unreasonably high number just to put you off? Well, just take a gander at this list and think about how "good" you'd want the replacement to be. Your going to need at least that much.

How many people do you think still play EQ1? 10,000? 15K? 25K? 50K?

Even if they had 50K active subs, we would all have to pony up 1K to get there. I don't know about you, but I don't have an extra 1K laying around doing nothing. (it would be invested if so). Plus I doubt they have more then 20K subs, meaning we'd each have to pony up 2.5k.