So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sikkun Augur

Not that it matters but VMware was around before EQ and VM’s have been around since the 60’s.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No. They haven't. They've banned accounts for *PLAYING* EverQuest in a VM. Not just for having a VM running on a machine. It's even in the rules for playing on any server. Get it right.
  3. taliefer Augur

haha, got my cheating threads mixed up, my bad!
  4. Yolan Lorekeeper

You're trying hard at this trolling thing bro I'll give you that. But since you have so much insight why don't you tell us who these 6 boxers are. You know about as much as DBG does on who runs a VM to play EQ. So stop spreading dumb rumors and focus on your own argument.

Once EQ got windowed mode you could run multi accounts without the use of WinEQ (which was tolerated back in the day iirc). To my knowledge VM's were not a thing throught when I played from vanilla to VoA. So no VM's were not a thing since the start. And after EQ gained windowed mode you could box however many. Does that clear things up for you?
  5. Machen New Member

Not according to quite a few posters in this thread. Or are they all lying?
  6. Javaliscious New Member

Im still trying to grasp the point of banning the VM people. You have paying customers...that are using MORE of your product (paying for accounts) and for the most part, aren't really affecting the game play of others and you decide tick them off? You totally miss punishing the people who are likely causing the most mischief or at the minimum catch the ones that aren't smart enough to evade your sweep...as they are still online rocking it. If the suspensions lose players, blow up guilds, hurt the server and the game...the question is why do you even do truebox? Isn't this a failed business model? If you have to punish your customers for buying your product?
    PotatoPower likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I am in favor of them jettisoning truebox, but until they do, come on... Everyone knows full well that you aren't to use VM's to box on truebox, and if you want to play multiple characters from one computer, there are plenty of servers for that.
  8. Yahweh New Member

Wow It is crazy bcoz I leave selos when such low population and how they kick more people and make all server empty....
  9. That0neguy Augur

Did you just try and trick me into blacklisting people? I feel like that's against the forum rules also. Shame, another strike against your account. What is that 4 or 5 times you have broken the rules or admitting to cheating in this thread? That's really helping your case about not being a cheater.
  10. yober Elder

I'm sure he has nothing to worry about, devs are clearly going to be staying away from this thread.
  11. Yolan Lorekeeper

Pretty sure I admit to the opposite. That I had a VM installed but never used it for EQ. Nice try though. Isn't spreading false rumors about someone on the forums against policy? Hmm strike against you. Can't even use your real name on the forums so you can troll? lol .
    eXtraL likes this.
  12. Lidjet Journeyman

[IMG]

This entire thread.
    xmPradah, Dythan and Yolan like this.
  13. GnomesRUs New Member

For the most part this thread is a bunch of people talking about things & one troll (That0neguy).
    yober, Yolan and eXtraL like this.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Hey. I'm not the one banned here and trying to proclaim my innocence.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

For the most part this thread is people complaining they used a VM to circumvent the rules and are now upset their method is catch-able, but would like DBG to tell them in detail how they caught them so they can start working on a new method to bypass truebox. :p
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  16. GnomesRUs New Member

I'm really not concerned whether the local troll believes me or not. I'm here to report what happened in hopes that DBG will reconsider their decision.
  17. Yolan Lorekeeper

lol pretty sure that is the opposite of what people are saying. Not one person has said they used a VM to circumvent the rules (that I have seen). Mostly everyone is saying they did not use a VM to play EQ and still got suspended.
  18. Fiugvktffkhgvkkh New Member

I don’t use VM and didn’t get banned but I can tell from your posts that you are completely out of your league arguing about technological capabilities. You have zero clue what you are talking about and it reminds me of trying to explain how the internet works to my grandpa. I’m sure most of the cheaters got caught in this bust, but obviously there were innocent people caught in this mess. Automatically assuming that everyone that has VMware installed in their machine is a cheater is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Just stop now and do everyone a favor.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  19. xmPradah Not a dude

So I'm curious... were people banned, or suspended?
  20. eXtraL New Member

Its suspension for all as far as i know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.