So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yolan Lorekeeper

You're the one that said VM's were bad from the start. We know you couldn't window EQ when it originally came out. Everyone knows your a troll. Get back under your bridge.

From what I have been told DBG cannot see you using a VM to run EQ. They can only see the 2 running on the PC together. They cannot prove you are using the VM to run EQ. So people are being suspended for having a VM but also playing EQ. I'm not saying people were not using VM's in a bad way. But all the suspensions seem to be assumptions. That to me is bad policy.

Yes they can suspend/ban you for any reason they see fit. But IMO this is just blindly suspending people without proof of what they are doing. The lesson here is if you need a VM for something then try to kill the process before you start EQ (which I assume is where they look?).
    PotatoPower likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Good luck challenging them in court.
  3. yober Elder

Thankfully I wouldn't need to. My credit card company would be doing that for me.
  4. Machen New Member

Which also results in a permanent ban from all DBG games.
  5. Lidjet Journeyman

A charge back is the fastest way to get banned for good.
  6. yober Elder

Ok? Unless you forgot the situation from 30 seconds ago the account was already banned.
  7. GnomesRUs New Member

Guessing at this point many of these people no longer care about playing Daybreak games.
  8. Machen New Member

Most of the people posting are suspended, not banned. Sorry I can't remember your particular details.
  9. taliefer Augur

then why does it appear that only TLP players are getting hit by this? youd think just as many people who play live run VMs for non eq reasons as TLP players do.
  10. That0neguy Augur

Krono have a 0 real life value. As does everything else on your character.
  11. yober Elder

This has nothing to do with my details. Can you seriously not remember 2 posts ago?
  12. Machen New Member

I think it's quite possible that whatever they are doing to target it in this wave was directed only at players logged into TLP's. Also possible that everyone proclaiming their innocence is a liar, but I tend to doubt it.
    PotatoPower and taliefer like this.
  13. Sikkun Augur

You can and it would be much better logic than just banning anyone for having other Exes running. (Of which most people have 100’s running), sure people say “they can ban you for anything!” and they could. But ban everyone running Chrome and see a real thread.

The very few complaints of being banned all are TLP players, yet the number of people who play with VMs running is probably much higher than the 3-4 on this thread. Kinda makes you think most people that got banned know why they got banned (like usual) and maybe a couple people got caught in an over zealous wave.
  14. Machen New Member

I just read your last 10 posts, none of them mentioned your account was banned.
  15. Tucoh Augur

As a live player this thread makes me not want to ever log into a TLP server. I use VMs / docker for work on my gaming PC and don't want some goofy intersection between some TLP playing and a VM usage to cause them to ban my account.

I think some confirmation from DBG on whether this ban wave only hit players who were actually playing EQ on a VM is in order.
  16. taliefer Augur

could be. i just assumed it was something in the patcher that scanned as you logged in to the game, not server specific. but admittedly i dont know how scanning for works.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Its a nice thought, but read the ToS. They can close the doors and you could have bought and stored 1000 Krono, they don't have to compensate you for anything.
  18. That0neguy Augur

So I am confused. You said VM weren't a thing when you played originally. But that you were able to run multiple EQ clients on 1 PC back then. Now you say everyone knew you couldn't run multiple back then? By the time you could run multiple EQ clients without a 3rd party app VM's were a thing.

Can you at least try and keep your story straight here that you were or were not cheating when you got banned.
  19. taliefer Augur

there are far more people in the guild who dont box at all than people who do. not gonna say we dont have people that box, but like i said, i actually dont have a problem with DBG suspending/banning people who knowingly bypass the truebox feature regardless of guild affiliation.

i just dont understand how the most blatant example of this didnt get caught as well, considering thats the least of what that person does in regards to cheating
  20. That0neguy Augur

Calm down sir. Unless the OP also runs your guild (which I'm pretty sure he doesn't).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.