So...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That0neguy Augur

Cool story bro. Keep reading. You will eventually get to the part that says they can ban for whatever reason they feel like.
  2. Aegir Augur

I'm pretty sure this wave did to some extend do some collateral damage. But I also assume that these affected people "Only" got a 7 day vacation.

But yeah, maybe a more simplified EULA before you click OK to server-select that you MUST close any VMware processes (even background ones) before loggin on to the game.

And I can 100% garantee you won't get any official answer concerning this here. Your best bet is to file a petition from a new/other account and lay all cards on the table.
  3. Clonkers Lorekeeper

I have a friend who used to 3 box, he did it with 3 laptops, I know he did it with 3 laptops because I have both been to his house and also gone on holiday with him to visit a guildy in another country and he brought his 3 boxes with him.
    He is playing 1 account on Miragul and only 1, he specifically said when we started that he only wanted to single box because he didn’t want to get sucked into it all again. He has been suspended for having a VM on his machine, a VM that has never run EQ that he uses for work.He has an email saying this is the reason, he is also going to stop playing if they don't overturn this as he doesn't see the point in playing if they can arbitrarily suspend/ban him for doing so.
    PotatoPower likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

i dont see anything in the other forums about the VM ban wave, so that fact alone is pretty damning for the "i only have it installed for work, i dont use it for eq" crowd.

unless its only the TLP subset of eqplayers that use VM for work.

not saying SOMEONE may have gotten innocently banned, but fighting an uphill battle since it doesnt appear live players got hit as hard by the vm banwave. if DBG was simply banning for having it installed, youd think it would effect live players in proportion. since noone is using vm to log in to eq, right?
  5. phaeril Augur

Wasn't the first VM banwave full on bans? Maybe that was the PlanetSide vm ban wave. We don't have anyone that's been banned or suspended, just friends of friends.

Anyone that thinks that they never make mistakes with these things is a fool, they've reversed bad waves before and i'm sure they will have to again in the future. I kinda doubt they will this time, they've had the check for VMs there to turn on for awhile so it's an easy thing to do show how much they are doing about cheaters. It makes a bunch of noise on the forums, nobody believes that daybreak could be wrong (which is just... omg... surreal to see people insist that they have their poop in a group so well that they are infallible, lol), most people just take a week break waiting for luclin, and go back about their business.
  6. Sikkun Augur

Sure they can ban you for using Discord, Gameparse, and just because you sneezed. Doesn’t mean they actually are doing that. Companies like to actually have customers, randomly banning people “because you can” is not how they stay in business.

99.9% of people saying they got banned was for using VMs to Play and everyone knows it.
  7. Yolan Lorekeeper

Why I said its a poor excuse. Also in the beginning there were no VM's. Up until I quit EQ I never heard of anyone using a VM. There was no need. You could window as many accounts as your PC could handle.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Not without another 3rd party app. Keep digging sir.
  9. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Rubbish, I two boxed on the same PC in the original planes of power.
  10. eXtraL New Member

So im that lucky 0.1% then?
    i got VM on my cpu for work.

When it comes to Everquest
    i only play 1 character, i did box back in the day. (i suck at it tho)
    when Selo was announced i got happy and imidietly switched server since the TLP i was playing one had 30man solo crews running around grabbing everything.

Now im banned on my only character i have cause i have a program installed on my cpu that isent even related to any sort of playing a game
  11. Sikkun Augur

Probably, and I would quote the actually rules they have in place about playing using a VM not about having a VM installed in your appeal. Banning people who using a VM to circumvent rules is acceptable, banning for having a VM isn’t.

I have VMs on every machine I have ever owned and have never seen a ban from not using them for EQ, but DBG can mess up on the implementation of catching actual cheaters.
  12. Yolan Lorekeeper

haha now I know you are BS. I'm not gonna say you could run 100 accounts on a capable PC cuz I never personally tried it. But I can tell you you could run 3-4 in different windows. It may not be efficient to play them but you could run them.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Not when the game came out. You had to use something like wineq to play multiple clients on 1 PC.
  14. That0neguy Augur

You just love breaking the rules don't you. Posting information about petitions and communications from GM's is also against the ToS. Enjoy your forum ban now also!
  15. Machen New Member

Go back and read the thread I linked earlier. Piestro, who was the community manager at the time, recommended against having VM's running. Period. Not just using them for EQ.

While there is no rule that explicitly states you cannot, SoE and DBG both have at times suspended and banned people for doing so, and will probably continue to do so. Again, they can suspend you or ban you for any reason at any time, so you really cannot appeal to "There isn't an explicit rule against that" and expect that to win the day.
  16. Grok Elder

None of this really matters.

To those who got suspended it might be a wake up call that you are at the mercy of the game... now you know that it could have happened to anyone at any time and it just happens to be you this time. To those whining about boxing or even cheaters, no policy or change in policy is going to make people who are not having fun playing EQ suddenly have fun playing EQ. If you are not happy now, you will not be happier on the other side of ban waves (just or unjust). Everyone else, soak it all up and enjoy the drama.
  17. yober Elder

Just because you say it a lot doesn't make it true. Hypothetically they can't just go around and ban any account with >100 krono and say "well we can ban whoever we want." If they want to ban an account without a valid reason they would be forced to compensate the account for the lost value and remaining play time.
  18. GnomesRUs New Member

Judging by some of the logic here - no suspension or ban wave should ever be questioned because everyone is lying.

Funny though, last week there was a ban wave and I don't recall any posts about it here on the forums. It appears those affected kept quiet - likely because they knew they screwed up.

Fast forward to yesterday, there is immediately a thread with people complaining about being suspended for simply having a VM running unrelated to EQ.

What's the difference here?
    PotatoPower likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

You want to think this, but it's just not true.
  20. yober Elder

Sorry but a company can't just take people's money in return for 30 days of access then on day 2 just decide lol nope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.